• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Len's Knife Clearout - Gyutos, Part 2 ... plus a yanagiba & banno bunko

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echerub

Reaction score
My knife clearout continues. As before, I feel that I now know my tastes and preferences quite well and have been re-evaluating my knife collection. I have decided to keep only those knives that I truly love. Those that are good knives but which I do not love for subjective reasons should go to other homes where they will see time on the boards doing what they were made to do.

As before, prices include shipping within North America. For international, we can discuss the difference.

Here's Round 2!

Watanabe blue 1 240mm gyuto

This is a custom gyuto from Watanabe with blue 1 hagane and thinner grind behind the edge. Stefan Keller handle, with saya. Asking $425.

Watanabe_240_blue1_gyuto.jpg

Yoshikane V2 270mm tamamoku gyuto

Beautiful gyuto with beautiful tamamoku ("bird's eye wood pattern") cladding. Saya included. Some superficial color marking on the ho wood handle from when I put it in storage - it'll come out very easily with a bit of light sanding. Good as new. Asking $400.

Yoshikane_270_tamamoku_gyuto.jpg

TWO Singatirin Honyaki 240mm gyuto

I have three of these, and I'm keeping one of them. These two need new homes. Absolutely brand new. Asking $325 each.

Singatirin_240_gyutos.jpg

TWO Singatirin Honyaki 270mm gyuto

I also have three of these, and I'm keeping one of them. As with the 240s above, these two need new homes. Absolutely brand new. Asking $340 each.

Singatirin_270_gyutos.jpg

Mizuno Tanrenjo Ao Hagane DX 300mm yanagiba

In excellent condition. Wonderful marbled ferrule as you can see. Asking $370.

Mizuno_Tanrenjo_Ao_Hagane_DX_300_yanagiba.jpg

Konosuke Fujiyama Blue 2 190mm banno bunka

Used once. Except for the start of some patina, it is good as new. Very interesting "two-faced" ferrule. Asking $330.

Konosuke_Fujiyama_190_bannobunko.jpg

The konosuke looked interesting - I have not seen a banno bunka with this kind of bevel before.

Whoa, how in the world did you end up with 3 Shingatirin 240 gyuto and 2 Shingatirin 270 gyuto?

Kono banno-bunka still available. All still available at this time.

Kono banno-bunka SPF - all other still available

Kono banno-bunka SOLD
Mizuno Ao Hagane DX 300 - under discussion

---

Watanabe Blue 1 240 w/ saya - $425
Yoshikane V2 270 tamamoku w/ saya - $400
Singatirin honyaki 240 (two available) - $325 each
Singatirin honyaki 270 (two available) - $340 each

Kono banno-bunka SOLD
Mizuno Ao Hagane DX 300 - SPF

---

Kono banno-bunka SOLD
Mizuno Ao Hagane DX 300 - SOLD

---

One of the Singatirin honyaki 240 now SPF

---

Still available...

Singatirin honyaki 240 (one left) - $325

One of the Singatirin honyaki 240 SOLD

---

Still available...

Singatirin honyaki 240 (one left) - $325

A little twist to save you some more money...

Buy one of these gyutos plus a non-gyuto from one of my Other/Single-Bevel #1 threads, save $20 per non-gyuto. (i.e. 1 gyuto + 1 nakiri/suji/deba = $20 off, 1 gyuto plus 2 of nakiri/suji/deba = $40 off, 1 gyuto plus all of nakiri/suji/deba = $60 off)

Buy one of these gyutos plus a gyuto from my gyutos #1 thread or a second one from this thread, save $15 per gyuto (e.g. 2 gyutos = $30 off, 3 gyutos = $45 off, etc)

Back