Quantcast
Kramer Auction - June 2011 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kramer Auction - June 2011

Also anyone think of another maker who is consinstley getting this kind of cash for there work? Or is BK the most successful knife maker ever!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Niloc View Post
    How many millionaire foody's can be out there?? ...
    NYC has over 650,000 people whose wealth exceeds a million and that doesn't include value of their recidences. I am sure many like to entertain, have bragging rights, and genuinely like to cook. So, if BK makes 200 knives a year, and markets himself right, he can go on making knives for a long time.

Unless we barbarians start chipping away from his kingdom. Will have to 'civilize' and learn some of his methods. And make better knives in the process.

M

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I think there are 2 different types of Kramer fans.
    1-People who love great knives,food and love to cook,who will wait 2-3 years on a list and spend $1500.00 + on one of his customs.

2-People who have tons of disposable income,who may or may not have a passion for knives,that buy these knives as an investment, because there is a buzz about his product and want to jump to the head of the line.

Lucky for Mr.Kramer that he has both type of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Niloc View Post
    Also anyone think of another maker who is consinstley getting this kind of cash for there work? Or is BK the most successful knife maker ever!

There are definitely are makers out there that get this kind of money for their knives. The BIG difference is that they cannot produce nearly 200 per year as Bob Kramer does and they often use materials that are much more expensive such as precious metals and stones. One big exception is the Loveless Shop, they were producing knives from 3500 to 25000 for decades and using fairly inexpensive material. Bob Kramer is ultra hot right now but he has a long way to go before he is considered the most successful of all time.

Am I reading that winning bid right?

What is it? I tried to check but it didn't show the completed auction.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    What is it? I tried to check but it didn't show the completed auction.
    I'm seeing $51,200

Holy moly! How many bids? For some reason the auction page redirects me to a page that does not display the auction results.

Got it:

This listing is closed.
    June 2011 Auction

Current price : $51,200.00 ( Reserve met )
    Starting bid: $100.00
    # of bids: 78
    Closes: Auction is closed
    Ended: 6/24/2011 10:00:00 AM
    High Bidder(s): ll****
    Yipes. They ain't getting cheaper!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    Holy moly! How many bids? For some reason the auction page redirects me to a page that does not display the auction results.
    78...I'm actually getting a knife tattooed right now and was trying to show my artist that 300 for a knife isn't that much but that was a really extreme example...where do these people come from and how do I get that job

+ Reply to Thread