How to dispose of ruined knife?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannynyc

Reaction score
Related to my previous post: any suggestions on how to get rid of a f'd-up knife? It's way to crappy to try to fix or sell. But I don't want to put a knife in the garbage and risk someone getting hurt. Any suggestions?

Tape the **** out of it with masking or painters tape. Stick it in a box or wrap it up in a kitchen towel and tape it up again.

What is it? I don't see how a knife couldn't be reground into a smaller knife and continue being used.

Dull the edge against the concrete, throw it to the garbage. I do not think there is much to it if you want to get rid of it.
Otherwise, throw it to the construction garbage container, they are already full of dangerous "goods", so somebody going through it will be quite careful.

Anyone in Canada want to try to salvage this knife? I'll send it to you for the charge of shipping.

In willing to give it a shot if the plan is to junk it. It can't be THAT bad....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

take it to a metal scrap yard. it will be melted down and recycled. they'll even pay you for it.

Speaking of ruined and thrown away knives.... Time to make a Goodwill and St. Vincent's run and see what treasures people have thrown out.

Just FYI, I've agreed to send it to a KKF member, who will try to salvage it. So hopefully there will be no waste here.

Speaking of ruined and thrown away knives.... Time to make a Goodwill and St. Vincent's run and see what treasures people have thrown out.

I don't think I've ever gotten a decent knife out of a thrift. A few decent utensils, but no knives.

Back