Quantcast
Bad experience with Boardsmith - Page 7
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Bad experience with Boardsmith

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daveb View Post
    Had someone, anyone, posted "I'm thinking about buying a Boardsmith board, what do you guys think?" , the post would have been entirely appropriate, relevant and on-point. Instead it was an unsolicited, one sided rant. I've had "issues" with vendors here and the one who shall not be named. I look for resolution, not to see who can pee highest on the tree.

My 2 cents. Out of coffee, out of here. No more fuel for this fire.
    I am new here, so escuses me for asking who shall not be named?
    Just in case I call the wrath of the gods by mistake or something

We've never been big on shutting down threads, instead we've preferred to allow them to run their course, allowing for everyone to weigh in, etc.

At this point the thread appears to be still be active but the tone needs to be kept civil and respectful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    We've never been big on shutting down threads, instead we've preferred to allow them to run their course, allowing for everyone to weigh in, etc.

At this point the thread appears to be still be active but the tone needs to be kept civil and respectful.
    Btw I just gotten invoked with this board a short while ago. Haven't had so much fun in a long time. Kudos for building such a wonderful community.

After reading the exchange and seeing both sides, it looks to me the potential customer jumped to conclusions and is now crying over spilt milk that was nobody's fault except a technical difficulty that can't be sourced. Let go of your ego and move on, the intensity of your responses suggest you really really want one of his boards badly and are just sour that you couldn't order one.

I had trouble using David's website when he was going through his first redesign. As with the OP I gave up on it but instead of having a hissy fit I just called him personally as his web site suggested if you are having trouble. After speaking to him on the phone and him taking my order personally I found David to be very pleasant and helpful. Some of the best costumer service I have experienced from a vender. If I ever want another board he would be the first person I would go to.
    "Those who say it can't be done are always pasted by those doing it"

Quote Originally Posted by dannynyc View Post
    Really, you think it's rude to tell a vendor they may be losing business because their website doesn't let orders go through? Don't you think that's something a vendor might want to know?

Your very first line was, "your website doesn't work!". That's rather rude and you are automatically setting the tone for future correspondence. I'm sure things would have gone differently had you simply just said, "I'm having a problem with checkout, this is what it's saying, here's a screen shot (I always take one so they can physically see what kind of error I'm getting), could you please let me know what I'm doing wrong."

To me, your very first email was accusatory right from the start. I've never ordered from BoardSmith and I don't know you so I'm not biased one way or the other, just giving you my opinion on how your email read.

Out of curiosity, to the original poster, what were you hoping would be the end result of posting your complaint on the forum?

Jay
    I'm a over-sized, under-educated, two onions a month, cutting fool.

I'm always amazed at how far people will take an e-mail exchange and not pick up the phone. Your first e-mail to BoardSmith set the tone, whether you intended to or not. When you didn't get resolution at that point, why not call? I'm certain at that point you would have found resolution, and none of this would have to be written.

Quote Originally Posted by Namaxy View Post
    I'm always amazed at how far people will take an e-mail exchange and not pick up the phone.
    Sorry for truncating your reply, but I wanted to notice another thing with the help of your cite.

As someone, who isn't native English speaker I find it MUCH harder to communicate with US over phone compared to email. My daily job includes skype meetings with US guys and I find myself way more productive when we discuss things using emails and not skype (or phone). And for us there's also a huge time difference, so phone (or skype) is not always the best option.

Closed Thread