Quantcast
Anyone else roast their own coffee? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else roast their own coffee?

I live a mile from Stumptown Coffee Roasters, and get beans that were roasted within a few days of purchase, so I have little motivation to do my own. When I brew a pot of coffee it is with a Technivorm, butt mostly I make Americanos with a lever La Pavoni. The beans get ground as needed in a Kitchenade ProLine with Mazzer Mini burrs. Yum!!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

I hate to say it but I've not had a cup of coffee in over a year. I got to the point where I was drinking two pots a day, along with a couple red-bulls and they were just tearing me up. And still I'd be sleepy in the afternoon.

but GOD do I miss it sometimes. I love the taste of good fresh coffee.

There is nothing like a good cup of coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    I live a mile from Stumptown Coffee Roasters, and get beans that were roasted within a few days of purchase, so I have little motivation to do my own. When I brew a pot of coffee it is with a Technivorm, butt mostly I make Americanos with a lever La Pavoni. The beans get ground as needed in a Kitchenade ProLine with Mazzer Mini burrs. Yum!!
    Like these?

Been thinking about picking up a roaster myself...

Here we go......

My Tech is the cylindrical one, the carafe fits under the funnel with the top on it. My La Pavoni is the Stradavari model, all chrome, with my own black walnut handles on the lever and porta-filter, butt other than that, yes!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Ah, my second insane hobby after sharpening

Hmm, I just got into coffee in a big way when I got my own place... Using an expobar dual lever (Brewtus II to the US)

Mostly it is Lattes (60ml dbl shot of espresso and 120ml of milk/foam) and a few cappuccinos.

I've been toying with the idea to get a roaster... but right now I import my roasted beans from the UK. Think it would be better to just get the green beans from the UK and then roast it myself.

Anyone has experience with this roaster? http://www.bellabarista.co.uk/coffee...-collector.asp

I think i'll buy that one if I can get more positive reviews under my belt and I find the money...

I roast 13oz. batches weekly on a Behmor, it's usually just the right amount. This week I'm drinking some Ethiopian Amaryo Gayo natural, brewed on the Yama syphon pot. I go back and forth between the vac pot and the espresso machine (which is currently waiting on me to install a new pstat).
    The Mrs. was just busting my balls this weekend about my green bean stash. It's sitting at around 150lbs, it seems she finds that excessive?... I'm glad I loaded up in the fall though, because prices are going up up up.

I've checked out the Technivorm a couple of times but was dissapointed by the build quality. I guess I expected more from a $300 machine. For now I'm sticking with my Chemex.

I'm in the Technimorm corner. Roast with a high top. I like Mexican Oaxaca beans.

I just stick with the chemex. I'm not fanatical enough about espresso to want a machine at home. I just had two interviews at some local, higher-end coffee shops; hopefully I'll have all the espresso I want soon enough.

+ Reply to Thread