The contest is finished. The winners!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtmwood

Reaction score
Hello,
The contest is finished. There were 39 participants.
The average votes are:
1 board (Walnut)............ - 24.85 points
2 board (Maple)............. - 16.80 points
3 board (Oak)................ - 17.55 points
4 board (Ash)................ - 15.75 points
5 board (Maple+Walnut) - 25.05 points
--------------------------
......................................100.00 points

And the winners are:
......................Sum of deviation
1. Bitter................ 4.89
2. apathetic.......... 7.30
3. Canadianman... 9.19
4. pleue ..............10.02
5. CPD ................10.59

Congratulations!

All resilts you can check here:
13258860764_5a27e8d952_o.png

I ask the winners to send me their real names and postal addresses. I'll send you the boards in a few days.
The winners may exchange the boards between themselves if they want.

Thank you!

Thanks Andrei. This was a great contest and interesting to see people's preferences.
Congrats to the other winners.

no way!!!! I've never won anything except a raffle for a frozen turkey in 2nd grade. Wow! Thanks again for doing this. Sending my info. How do I know which board I'm the lucky owner of?

Congrats to all and thanks again for the opportunity to win one of you boards Andrei!

Thanks Andrei. This was a great contest and interesting to see people's preferences.
Congrats to the other winners.

Congratulations! You won very good board!

no way!!!! I've never won anything except a raffle for a frozen turkey in 2nd grade. Wow! Thanks again for doing this. Sending my info. How do I know which board I'm the lucky owner of?

According to the conditions of the contest you get the ash board. I like ash, it is no worse than maple.

Damn it 6th place, the worst place to finish just outside the medals:(
Great competition and congrats to the winners:doublethumbsup:

Wow just saw this! Thanks a lot!!! :spin chair::thankyou::jumping2:
First time I win a contest for something so good!!
I'll be following up on our email :)

Awesome!! I just woke up and seen this, Thank you and looking forward to trying one of your boards out.:doublethumbsup:

Congrats to the winners! And thanks Andrei for letting us play. Fun contest and great looking boards!

Wow, I can't believe I won this !

That's amazing !

Last time I won something this was a gameboy and I was twelve years old.

Thanks a Lot Andrei.

Wow, I can't believe I won this !

That's amazing !

Last time I won something this was a gameboy and I was twelve years old.

Thanks a Lot Andrei.

Thank you. You showed a very good result.
I need your address.
Tomorrow morning (in 8 hours) I plan to ship all boards.

Board arrived yesterday. It arrived shrink wrapped and with a nice coating of wax/oil on it. It was then wrapped in foam and taped and then packaged up in kind of a muslin bag which I'm told is very common packaging in many countries including Russia, Ukraine, and India. Was a very cool surprise to pick it up at the post office and see it packaged that way. The board itself is beautiful, very nicely finished, beautiful grain and very stout. The surface is incredibly smooth considering all the temp/humidity changes it must have experienced on the journey. I can feel very slightly some ridges at some of the seams but only on parts of the board. I would guess a minute with very fine sand paper would take care of it.The hand holds are comfortable and the perfect size for me and it's very easy to grab the board with the height afforded by the holds and the feet.

One quick suggestion, when shipping these, you should try to reinforce the corners, perhaps with folded cardboard to protect them from getting banged up. Mine got two nicks, one tiny one small, on the front left corner. Shame considering how much work you clearly put into the board. How would you recommend repairing it? I'm thinking more titebond and a padded ratchet strap? I'd gladly buy one of these boards and be proud to have it in my home, to win one is just unreal. Thanks again MTMwood for such a fantastic contest and I look forward to placing an order with you in the future!

Sorry for the crummy photos, I don't have much lighting in my half finished kitchen and the cellphone doesn't help.

I am so sorry, that the board was damaged. It is the fault of the Post.
It is difficult to repair the corner. The board oiled and waxed, so Titebond does not help. I think it better to make larger radius of all four corners by beltsander and remove crack.

No problem at all, things happen. I'm sure it was pristine when you sent it. But yes, it would appear that the corners will be where it takes the most abuse on the planes/trains/automobiles so maybe come up wiht a good corner protector for all your beautiful boards I'm sure you'll be selling. I have a stationary belt sander so I'll sort it out in due time.

I'm very slow to get this comment posted -but after having had some time to get to use my board from the contest - wanted to make a point of saying the MTM boards are amazingly high quality. That was clear in the pictures and videos. Clearly beautiful work, but in person, I think they're even better. The boards are beautifully made and very high quality!

I'm very slow to get this comment posted -but after having had some time to get to use my board from the contest - wanted to make a point of saying the MTM boards are amazingly high quality. That was clear in the pictures and videos. Clearly beautiful work, but in person, I think they're even better. The boards are beautifully made and very high quality!

Thank you!

I'll second that, I have really enjoyed using my board as well, it's the second one from the contest in Maple :)

Just to say after a few month of use, this is easily the best board I've been using, very beautiful quite easy to maintain, makes my edge last longer. Really nice.

Thank you again ! If every friend that show interest about It gets one, you'll get rich in no time :)

Latest posts

Back