New AS from Takeda

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tosho

Reaction score
Some NAS stuff from Takeda and choil shots. Coming to the website soon
In the background are Takeda's new catalogues
P3190200.jpg
New AS Small Gyuto
P3190201.jpg
Petit and a Small Mioroshi
P3190202.jpg
Small Gyuto choil shot
P3190203.jpg
Small Mioroshi choil shot
P3190207.jpg

Gyuto seems thicker than one I bought 4 years ago.

It very well could be, Takeda does not use templates to make his knives so there will always be variations in his measurements. This picture also makes the knife look a little thicker because it is a bit too zoomed in (you can not see the handle )

the cladding on new takeda stainless clad sasanoha knives seems different than the traditional carbon clad takedas ive seen in the past. the kurouchi also seems to be different as well, its not as patchy and the blades themselves seem less wavy, with less hammermarks. is this difference due to the knife being stainless clad, or are sasanohas cladding just different in general?

the cladding on new takeda stainless clad sasanoha knives seems different than the traditional carbon clad takedas ive seen in the past. the kurouchi also seems to be different as well, its not as patchy and the blades themselves seem less wavy, with less hammermarks. is this difference due to the knife being stainless clad, or are sasanohas cladding just different in general?
Yes, this is the stainless cladding, its much smoother and more even on every knife, not just Sasanoha
Thank you

I really like those petty ones - the additional height of the blade is very practical IMO. The KU finish on the stainless cladding looks similar to the one on my Masakage Koishi (which is also stainless clad AS).

I have occasionally wondered if Takeda's signature concavity on thin blades is less apparent on the stainless-clad models. He claims they're the same, but pics always gave me the impression the stainless ones were flatter, though that could just be the relative smoothness giving that impression.

I have occasionally wondered if Takeda's signature concavity on thin blades is less apparent on the stainless-clad models. He claims they're the same, but pics always gave me the impression the stainless ones were flatter, though that could just be the relative smoothness giving that impression.

i just used a friends stainless clad sasanoha and the grind is entirely different from my traditional takeda gyuto. much thinner behind the edge. Concavity is less evident.

Here are some more stainless choil shots
P5311093.jpgP5311094.jpgP5311095.jpg

Back