Quantcast
Sushi Chef Training - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sushi Chef Training

+1 to all of that. The only way to learn is to get your hands wet.

When I came to live in this city, for three months I was having only one full time job, and my wife wasnt here yet.
    So I decided Im going to go and work for free in the citys best restaurant, though Im not apprentice anymore, I think you can learn something everywhere.
    They didnt have space enough in the kitchen for me, so I ended up deboning spanish hams for other company. And I loved it and it teached me a great lot!

I would shoot Brandon (bwl) or Jon (JBroida). They both are Caucasians who have worked as sushi chef's. they wouold have some valuable insight.
    Bert M.

Why?! Because footballs don't have wheels!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for the advice and tips! I'm definitely going to be researching this very thoroughly--but then again, i was doing that already. Thanks guys!!!

Whoa! Just saw you were in Atlanta! I bet you could get your feet wet at Nori Nori. At minimum get some experience on a resume before moving onto a small sushi shop. Caveat Emptor: I give you this advice as a home cook/culinary student not as a pro chef.

-AJ

I haven't been to Nori Nori yet. I'm currently working for a big chef in the inman park area, and I love my job/its great experience. I think I'll have to look for something I can do in the mornings before work--like johnny chance and john doughy were discussing. I'll definitely try to shoot for MF Sushi but I would be flat out shocked if they let me intern over there. Doesn't hurt to try though!

Quote Originally Posted by JanusInTheGarden View Post
    I'll definitely try to shoot for MF Sushi but I would be flat out shocked if they let me intern over there. Doesn't hurt to try though!
    Never underestimate the power of free labor. Even if it is just ***** work for the first month. Remember, a lot of us did the same thing when we started, most likely so did the chefs there. Be enthusiastic and willing and someone will gladly take you on.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Smile Sushi Training

Hi,

No need to be Japanese to make good Sushi!

I have trained in Europe with www.Sushi-School.com and they were really really good.

I did the 10 days training with 3 different chefs in the kitchenfor 9 students...and learnt sooo much, it's unbelievable!

Long days (9hours) and fun chefs, one Japanese, one Brazilian and one French...a very good mixture of skills and tastes...i am still on a high and it was over a year ago!

I now have my own sushi bar and doing very well!
    Knife: Hongasumi Blue Yanagiba sashimi from lohira.

John

Welcome John!
    one man gathers what another man spills...

+ Reply to Thread