Gordon ramsay Kin Knives ltd edition

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham500

Reaction score
Hi all and greetings from the UK

I'm trying to locate the above as an anniversary gift.

Anyone know of one for sale please ?

Thankyou

Is this what you're after?

http://www.kinknives.com/gordon-ram...amsay-limited-edition-kin-knife-170mm-87.aspx

I should say, there are loads of knives out there that are much better value for the money. Generally speaking, the uk retailers are really overpriced when it comes to Japanese knives.

It's probably worth you considering the offerings of one of the retailers on here, e.g. Jon at JKI or Maxsim at JNS. Maxsim is based in Denmark and does free shipping on orders over 100 GBP. Also you wouldn't get hit with customs duties.

Koki at JCK is another good option as you're in the UK.

Why not fill out the questionnaire so we can better help you?

KNIFE TYPE
What type of knife are you interested in (e.g., chef’s knife, slicer, boning knife, utility knife, bread knife, paring knife, cleaver)?

Are you right or left handed?

Are you interested in a Western handle (e.g., classic Wusthof handle) or Japanese handle?

What length of knife (blade) are you interested in (in inches or millimeters)?

Do you require a stainless knife? (Yes or no)

What is your absolute maximum budget for your knife?

KNIFE USE
Do you primarily intend to use this knife at home or a professional environment?

What are the main tasks you primarily intend to use the knife for (e.g., slicing vegetables, chopping vegetables, mincing vegetables, slicing meats, cutting down poultry, breaking poultry bones, filleting fish, trimming meats, etc.)? (Please identify as many tasks as you would like.)

What knife, if any, are you replacing?

Do you have a particular grip that you primarily use? (Please click on this LINK for the common types of grips.)

What cutting motions do you primarily use? (Please click on this LINK for types of cutting motions and identify the two or three most common cutting motions, in order of most used to least used.)

What improvements do you want from your current knife? If you are not replacing a knife, please identify as many characteristics identified below in parentheses that you would like this knife to have.)

Better aesthetics (e.g., a certain type of finish; layered/Damascus or other pattern of steel; different handle color/pattern/shape/wood; better scratch resistance; better stain resistance)?

Comfort (e.g., lighter/heavier knife; better handle material; better handle shape; rounded spine/choil of the knife; improved balance)?

Ease of Use (e.g., ability to use the knife right out of the box; smoother rock chopping, push cutting, or slicing motion; less wedging; better food release; less reactivity with food; easier to sharpen)?

Edge Retention (i.e., length of time you want the edge to last without sharpening)?

KNIFE MAINTENANCE
Do you use a bamboo, wood, rubber, or synthetic cutting board? (Yes or no.)

Do you sharpen your own knives? (Yes or no.)

If not, are you interested in learning how to sharpen your knives? (Yes or no.)

Are you interested in purchasing sharpening products for your knives? (Yes or no.)

SPECIAL REQUESTS/COMMENTS

Kind of odd to suggest a long, confusing, personal questionnaire to give advice on where the OP can get some gift knives he or she already identified.

To be fair though, it's also odd that the OP registered here to ask instead of consulting a search engine. Perhaps they think we know secret retailers with the best prices.

I don't think it's odd. I think we can find the op a better knife for the gift. If we have a bit more information it would be helpful.

Thanks for the replies all

Indeed,there are better knives available, but it's as a gift and has been specifically identified as an item that would be appreciated, so who am I to argue. :)

The reason I asked on here is because the knife sold out a good while back and search engines have proven to be less than fruitful, so I wondered if anyone knew of anyone/ anywhere that may have one for sale, either new old stock or used.

Thanks again and congrats on a great and very informative forum

Cheers

The reason I asked on here is because the knife sold out a good while back and search engines have proven to be less than fruitful, so I wondered if anyone knew of anyone/ anywhere that may have one for sale, either new old stock or used.

Have you tried emailing Kin Knives directly? Looks like there were only a limited number made, but it might be worth a shot.

Hi

I have and no dice unfortunately.

While I'm on, what's people's thoughts on the Tanaka Ironwood Nakiri ?

Those kin knives were made by Takamura and his knives are available from quite a few vendors.

Those kin knives were made by Takamura and his knives are available from quite a few vendors.
I wouldn't be surprised if it were excellent. I'm very impressed with my Takamura, though it's not a vg-10 damascus model.

Back