My New Opinel

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, this is a joke. I got this tiny little Opinel in France last year and just found it. Here are some pictures of my awesome little Opinel.

The specs are:

Blade Length: 34.4 mm
Blade Height at heal: 8.64 mm
Handle Length: 35.65 mm
Total Length: 80.45 mm
Blade Thickness at heal: .8 mm
Blade Thickness at tip: .46 mm
Steel: 12c27 Sandvik (I think)

F&F is fine, handle looks like walnut.

k.

opinel2.jpg

opinel3.jpg

opinel1.jpg

It's tiny! How did you lose it for a year? Where was it when you found it? Still in it's package or?

Nice little knife. I used mine for about a week, and switched back to a SAK for everyday carry purposes. They're still cool little knives, though!

I've been using Opinel's off and on for the last (almost) 35 years. When my dad passed away I found one I had given him in 1978. I keep one (#8) in my pocket all the time.

I need to use mine more. This tiny keychain one (No. 2) is just a curiosity piece, but I have a carbon No. 10 also, but I have rarely used it.

k.

Haha... I have one of those! Trouble is, I can't remember where the hell I left it. But I carry my No.8 in my pack.

Can I borrow your daughter to find my knife? I know I purchased (about 1 year ago) a Spyderco Caly3 in ZPD189 and can't find the damn thing anywhere.

Can I borrow your daughter to find my knife? I know I purchased (about 1 year ago) a Spyderco Caly3 in ZPD189 and can't find the damn thing anywhere.

Ha! I've got the same knife and have had the same problem! It's a sweet little blade: I think one of the all-time greats when it comes to medium duty, "gentlemanly" EDC's. Only problem is that it's so light and slim and hides in a pocket so well that it's really easy to lose in a pile of dirty clothes or, in my case, a pair of dress pants that I wore once and then hung back up with the knife still in em.

Latest posts

Back