Quantcast
Greetings from So Ca

Thread: Greetings from So Ca

Greetings from So Ca

I'm new to this forum and looking forward to learning more about kitchen knives. I am currently looking to purchase a gift for two friends recently married both avid cooks with an incredible kitchen. I was initially looking at the Shun's Reserve Knife set, but have recently discovered Lamson and Goodnow knives. Any thoughts on a good set and/or any other brands I might explore? Thank you in advance.

Without knowing their cooking style, their current knives and sharpening skills, it's tough. Outside this forum , the knives you mention are fairly well regarded. Not so much here. High quality knives generally need more care and require a bit of a commitment . Check out forum members Epicurian Edge , Jon Broida and Korin to get an idea of what's available at different price levels.

Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmnms View Post
    Without knowing their cooking style, their current knives and sharpening skills, it's tough. Outside this forum , the knives you mention are fairly well regarded. Not so much here. High quality knives generally need more care and require a bit of a commitment . Check out forum members Epicurian Edge , Jon Broida and Korin to get an idea of what's available at different price levels.

Thank you for your response. I will check them out.

Welcome from Newport Beach. Where are you at in So Cal?

Go see Jon at Japanese Knife Imports in Beverly Hills

Welcome aboard! Jon at KJI is a very good guy to deal with.
    Len

Welcome to KKF! What part of SoCal are you from? We are stationed out at Edwards AFB

Welcome. There's a "New Knife Questionnaire" that you can fill out with your friends info - as much as you know - that will get you something of a tailored response. Of course contacting Jon at JKI is never bad advice.

E, Thats the first time you've put a smiley face next to Edwards. (May be first time anyone has...)
    Dave
    Older and wider.

Quote Originally Posted by Erilyn75 View Post
    Welcome to KKF! What part of SoCal are you from? We are stationed out at Edwards AFB
    Thank you for the welcome. I am in the SFV. Calabasas area.