Quantcast
Got Flickr?

Thread: Got Flickr?

Got Flickr?

There's one thing that I didn't like in KKF: inserting images isn't as easy and straightforward as it could be.
    KKF buil-in functionality for inserting images hasn't changed from 1990 or so. I wanted something better, so I started making my own solution for inserting images from local computer.

The idea was simple:
    1) upload photos to Flickr, but keep them private, so any person visiting your photostream wouldn't see them.
    2) use those photos on KKF

Right know I've made a first working prototype. In the future I'm planning to add settings so that you could automatically upload your KKF related photos into some set, or add some tags, or choose different sizes for embedding. It's also super easy to add links to all inserted images, so that by clicking on them a full size image would open in new tab. Also I'd like to add drag'n'drop support. But that's plans for the future, and right now only basic functionality is there.

I tried to shoot a quick screencast showing how it works for me now

If there's any interest I'll release it as a Chrome extension later.

I am using flickr since a long time and all the photos I ever linked to any forum are uploaded there (though most are public). I will check the video (when I get back to normal internet on Monday) as I would appreciate some simplification of the process.

Long story short:

I've made lots of visual improvements, added settings and published this extension in Chrome store.
    So if you care to try it: KKFlickr is here https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ebpehpnjgjgcc/

I may record a short screencast about all the features of KKFlickr later if there will be any interest.
    KKFlickr is opensource and you are welcome to grab sources from github https://github.com/jodaka/kkflickr

I'm happy with how it comes out, really helps me inserting photos into my KKF posts.