Stabilized Australian Ringed Gidgee & African Bubinga

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I did not know that Gidgee could be stabilized until Karl Anderson told me that he had it done and they turned out nicely.
So.....if I told anyone it probably couldn't be stabilized, my apologies. I was wrong.

These are the new stabilized blocks that I added to our web store today. Just click on the photo to go to where they are located in our web store.

These are the Ringed Gidgee blocks. Gidgee is a variety of Acacia (same family as Koa) that grows in arid regions of Western Australia. Looks a lot like dark color Koa. Prices range from $35 to $60.

These are the African Bubinga Blocks. When they were stabilized they became a couple shades darker giving them this rich burgundy color. Nice 3 dimensional figure with lots of movement. These are extra large blocks priced at $55 each.

Nice! The bubinga reminds me of some very nice striped redwood you had before. Oh, and keep buying and selling more gidgee, that leaves more koa for me in the neighborhood :D

Stefan

Nice! The bubinga reminds me of some very nice striped redwood you had before. Oh, and keep buying and selling more gidgee, that leaves more koa for me in the neighborhood :D Stefan
One of the Hawaiians I have bought Koa from in the past sent me this photo today and told me to make an offer.
I am waiting to answer the email because I am kind of poor at the moment. So if you all will buy some stuff in the store I can afford to buy more weird stuff like this.
mail

I don't get a picture. Did you block that only for me to spare me the pain?

Stefan

I've yet to try that bubinga but Mark's gidgee is absolutely beautiful!

13348074874_b11ef45425_z.jpg

P.S. Mark, direct sharing images from your gmail won't work for privacy reasons.

I am probably too late to get it but here is the photo.
unnamed_zps1069c2d5.jpg

Back