Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: F@#kin Allgeries

  1. #11
    Senior Member ShaggySean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Ottawa, On
    Posts
    96
    It's completely ridiculous where the hell did it come from 10 years ago there was like one a month now is overwhelming most is crap cause they claiming celiac than start throwing soy sauce down by the cup full.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    washington dc
    Posts
    1,471
    Working in food service should be a requirement to graduate high school so these a-holes at least get to experience the annoyances of the general public. People will still be ridiculous but at least they will have some hind sight.

  3. #13
    Senior Member brainsausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Posts
    2,061
    Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    Working in food service should be a requirement to graduate high school so these a-holes at least get to experience the annoyances of the general public. People will still be ridiculous but at least they will have some hind sight.
    I've been saying this exact same thing for years. YEARS
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    Working in food service should be a requirement to graduate high school so these a-holes at least get to experience the annoyances of the general public. People will still be ridiculous but at least they will have some hind sight.
    Now that is an excellent idea.

  5. #15
    What I don't understand is the people that order something that they are clearly allergic to. I've had people order scallops, but they are allergic to shellfish. I did a shallot confit that somebody ordered, but they were allergic to lilies. I don't mind food allergies, just don't order something where the main item in the dish is something that you are allergic to.

  6. #16
    When I go into visit me friends restaurants, I tell the server/ bartender I have a carbon and deep sea fish allergy. The looks I get before they realize I'm screwing with them.

  7. #17
    Senior Member jamaster14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    212
    i always saw food allergies and picky eaters as an opportunity not a nussaines. if your gluten free or vegan or cant have dairy there arent many places you can go where you can get a great meal that suits you. usually you get a scaled back crappy version of what was already on the menu. I always like to have 2 vegan and 2 GF specials on the menu. if people know you have stuff for them and not just adapting stuff or giving them bigger portions of a side dish it can bring in some extra business
    “A home cook who relies too much on a recipe is sort of like a pilot who reads the plane’s instruction manual while flying.” – Alton Brown

  8. #18
    Senior Member ShaggySean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Ottawa, On
    Posts
    96
    And when you do that for them you make something they also don't like and won't eat. My restaurant will always accommodate with notice but after going through the effort and it not being appreciated you get upset.

  9. #19
    Senior Member brainsausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Posts
    2,061
    As long as 90% of the people are happy, you can excuse the other 10% for being ****heads and move on.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

  10. #20
    Senior Member ShaggySean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Ottawa, On
    Posts
    96
    Very true

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •