Quantcast
F@#kin Allgeries - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: F@#kin Allgeries

It's fun to be in an area that food allergies are a political/environmental statement vs an actual medical need. It's the flavor of the month and they can only wear certain colors on certain days of the week.
    Just because they make it in your size doesn't mean you should wear it...

I love in a government town full of hipsters they can wear all colours at once

Live

Ok...for real.....tonight, dairy allergy. Milk OK, Cream and Butter = No. They than proceed to order a side of malted celery root & parsnip puree (contains, milk & malted milk)....really? REALLY?!

did they want cheese with that?

As a customer, fortunately without allergies, I have to relate my experience of a fellow patron who had a terrible allergic reaction, cause a massive commotion that ruined our very expensive and (would have been a) romantic meal, threw up in a series of bowls, and then walked out with the paramedics who showed up (they couldn't get her up the stairs in the guerney)

My real issue was that it was a complicated menu with a lot of seafood, smoked meats, sauces, etc, and they hadn't informed the restaurant of any allergies! None! What an IDIOT!

Fortunately no hipsters were present during this event

Anyway, thanks to all of you who do accommodate real allergies, thus preventing other diners from experiencing the result of the allergic reactions of the few with real issues.

Cheers,

J

My ex-wife had a bad dairy allergy. She would not drink milk or eat hunks of cheese. But she would always order things with cream sauces and cheese sauces, and have desserts that included ice cream. And it would make her feel sick. She would tell servers she had a dairy allergy yet turn around and order things with dairy, and when asked would say that even though it would make her feel sick she hoped it would be worth it... I did mention she is an ex, right?

I think that's understandable...if I was allergic to ribeye steak, I don't know that I would stop eating it. Maybe dairy's not your thing, but I can see it having that kind of appeal to some people.

i'm lactose intolerant but i eat dairy stuff anyway, a little more bathroom time doesn't hurt.

Much like RobinW, I have a severe reaction to idiots. Thank god my customer base eats just about anything that can't outrun them.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter