An order from the USA

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtmwood

Reaction score
Two weeks ago I got an order from Los Angeles, USA. I had to make two so called "chaotic pattern" end grain cutting boards.
Yesterday I finished the making and sent the boards to the customer.
The boards are made from North American woods - hard maple, black walnut and black cherry. The board dimensions are 18"x14"x1.5". Weight - 4.5 kg = 10 lbs
These boards are very stable, because they consist of small irregularly shaped pieces of wood. So the stresses arising in wood when changing humidity are mutually balanced.

13322485874_2489105bd8_c.jpg

13322101585_447b73984f_c.jpg

13322273153_8055af99ce_c.jpg

13322272953_ebe7e74fb8_c.jpg

The making process of similair board you can watch here:

[video=youtube;G3uYaPgesp0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3uYaPgesp0[/video]

Thank you!

Looks cool and all but don't think I'd want to use it for any length of time

I think it's cool, but I get vertigo from looking at it for a while...

I like it, definitely a 'conversation starter'. Thanks for the video also, I was wondering how one would make something like that. Nice, big tools you are using there.

Stefan

I stumbled upon some of your videos on youtube maybe a year ago, great work, I can't believe the planning involved. Your brain clearly works alot better than mine, this is seriously impressive stuff, keep it up.

I like it, definitely a 'conversation starter'. Thanks for the video also, I was wondering how one would make something like that. Nice, big tools you are using there.

Stefan

Thanks! I has equipped my workshop during years

I stumbled upon some of your videos on youtube maybe a year ago, great work, I can't believe the planning involved. Your brain clearly works alot better than mine, this is seriously impressive stuff, keep it up.
Using a planer is a matter of dispute. The producer do not recommend plane end grain. I tried to summarize my experience - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ2LSj4RhAs

no hehe, I just meant the board layout, like the blueprint of the chaotic pattern must have took brain work to figure out.

Wow that's crazy. Not my style personally but I admire the skill it takes for you to make one of those. You're very talented :)

Amazing stuff. I really like the ones you did a while so that created an optical illusion...sort of like a dip in the middle of the board, I believe. If I'm not mistaken, Marko showed us the video.

Amazing stuff. I really like the ones you did a while so that created an optical illusion...sort of like a dip in the middle of the board, I believe. If I'm not mistaken, Marko showed us the video.

Thanks! I like to make complex pattern boards. And 3D too. My favorite is "Butterfly" board - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gliOZyHkdps. Yesterday I sent it to Finland. )
Yes, Marco showed my 2 years old video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKkxmYH55Tk. It is in Russian.

That butterfly board is nothing short of jaw dropping - I kept checking it on your store webpage ... until it was sold :( Maybe one day I will order a custom one :happyyes:

I've also been looking at the site. Excellent prices too. I don't need a board at all, but you have me thinking...

That butterfly board is nothing short of jaw dropping - I kept checking it on your store webpage ... until it was sold :( Maybe one day I will order a custom one :happyyes:

I am ready. All butterfly boards are sold. I have to make some.

I'm not sure how expensive it would be or what your business model is but have you thought about selling some of your boards on amazon? You can ship merchandise to amazon and they will warehouse it for you. Your prices are very very reasonable so even adding in the cost of shipping to the cost of the board may still keep them very reasonably priced and get a lot more exposure. Don't know if it would work for you but I thought I'd suggest it. Your boards are breathtaking.

I'm not sure how expensive it would be or what your business model is but have you thought about selling some of your boards on amazon? You can ship merchandise to amazon and they will warehouse it for you. Your prices are very very reasonable so even adding in the cost of shipping to the cost of the board may still keep them very reasonably priced and get a lot more exposure. Don't know if it would work for you but I thought I'd suggest it. Your boards are breathtaking.

Thank you.I will study this.

it almost seems like good news I smashed my small sized wood cutting board in a fit of rage the other night. Looking forward to trying one of yours one day.

it almost seems like good news I smashed my small sized wood cutting board in a fit of rage the other night. Looking forward to trying one of yours one day.

I will be glad to help you. )

Back