Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hudson Valley

Hudson Valley

Just curious,

Who all is located in the Hudson Valley, NY? Curious about restaurants around the town of Hudson?
    It is our human duty to enjoy life. We’ve got to be greedy about living. We learned that greed is a vice, but that’s old. Greed is a virtue. Especially this greediness for life.

How's the food at the Correctional Facility's chow hall?

Seriously, though...just drove through a couple of times on the way north.

Terrapin in Rhinebeck was always one of my favorites.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

I've had a place up around Rheinbeck for about 20 years. Don't get up to Hudson too often. Much more familiar with Rheinbeck and Millbrook. Gigi's, which is right across the street from Terrapin, is very good too. If you like a good London Broil then Foster's down the street is the place to go. There are actually a lot of nice restaurants in both towns. PM me if you want more info.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

I grew up in the HV and still get back regularly...in Hudson, check out Crimson Sparrow......might be the best restaurant in the Hudson valley. Stunning build and great back patio......talented team too.

In the New Paltz area...check out the brewery.....good beer, and New Paltz is a great town.

I'll second the Crimson Sparrow....particularly when you can appreciate the patio. I grew up in the Berkshires of Western, MA. After NYC, Montana, Cali, Boston, we finally returned home. If you get this far North, let me know.

Just checked Crimson Sparrow's menu online. I hope the chef is a whole hell of a lot better than the webmaster.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

I never look at our website......my job is the food. Crimson Sparrow is worth a trip. I don't care what the coding is like......

I can't even figure out what's on their menu. Yeah, I get minimalism, but that's just stupid.

My menu isn't up to date either as what I print at 5:15 and open for service at 5:30 reflects what fish and produce comes in around 3-4pm for the farms and day boats. It's one of the best in the HV guaranteed.
    T

Well, I don't get up that way much anymore...but if I'm ever in the area I'll give it a shot!