Konosuke Fujiyama White #2 Honesuki-

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moderna

Reaction score
Ok, I can get a great price on this knife.
What does everyone think?

I never make spunk desicions, but I can get it one sale with a specific handle variation (added buffalo horn- personal meaning)
Need to know if I should skip it, or jump on it.....

My question is about quality, I cant find any 'reviews' for the knife

Fujiyama line is getting lot better reviews than their monosteel lasers . If you are thinking about the "discounted" knife I am thinking I would be cautious. You may have a score or big miss

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

It is a 'returned' knife.

Says it was used, but in perfect condition so it is 20% off. I really like the choil and the bit of buffalo horn on the handle.

It's unlikely you will find a big thumbs up for a sale on cheese knives that goad from this forum. I understand every dollar counts, but the $45 saved for so so customer service and lack of community support does not seem worth it to me. I would never make that leap based on appearance of the choil or ferrule.

It's unlikely you will find a big thumbs up for a sale on cheese knives that goad from this forum. I understand every dollar counts, but the $45 saved for so so customer service and lack of community support does not seem worth it to me. I would never make that leap based on appearance of the choil or ferrule.

I'll back that sentiment.

Wow. He must have done something big to deserve that. You guys have always been nice around here.

Kochi honesuki is like $20 more, plus the kurouchi finish on kochi would be better suited for resisting reactivity. I'd rather that one. I briefly owned a kono Fujiyama gyuto in white. It was okay, but really didnt stand out to me as anything special. Lots of people love them though.

Couple BIG things. And a few little things. Too many things.

Well, obviously I am new to the forum. I in no way meant to offend anyone by asking a question. I knew nothing of the knife....
Choil does matter to me, that curve is something I enjoy because of how I hold my knife. And yes the bone is strictly ornamental- Imagine having a BBQ and a buffalo comes up and steals your lunch (beaches in HK) therefore I thought it would be personal and a nice reminder when I move away from HK.

Imagine having a BBQ and a buffalo comes up and steals your lunch (beaches in HK) therefore I thought it would be personal and a nice reminder when I move away from HK.
That's a nice sentiment :)

If you like the price, grab that knife and use it daily. If it suits you, you'll be happy as hell to grab a nice you like at a nice price. If you don't like, you could always sell it later and grab something else. There is no silver bullet for everyone.

Konosuke made solid knives with decent fit and finish. I have seen a lot of people enjoying different lines of Kono knives (including myself), but can't remember negatives reviews.

I bought the knife in question, if you're curious about what you missed out on :D
The blade did need a slight polish on the spine, but this was a steal and I don't need "community support" from a vendor. That being said, I have no love for Mark and would never buy anything under the Richmond name.

I bought the knife in question, if you're curious about what you missed out on :D
The blade did need a slight polish on the spine, but this was a steal and I don't need "community support" from a vendor. That being said, I have no love for Mark and would never buy anything under the Richmond name.

Glad to see that you'll buy a knife from a non-community vendor and brag about it here, when you commit to buying a BST knife from a member here and then completely flake on him.

Thanks for the welcome back, and I'm glad you're up to your usual personal attacks. Given that you don't know my circumstances (or anything about me or what's happened in my life over the last three months), your insults ring hollow. At least I was staying on topic -- offering to let the OP know about the knife in question. Anyway, welcome to my ignore list.

Thanks for the welcome back, and I'm glad you're up to your usual personal attacks. Given that you don't know my circumstances (or anything about me or what's happened in my life over the last three months), your insults ring hollow. At least I was staying on topic -- offering to let the OP know about the knife in question. Anyway, welcome to my ignore list.

Heh.

Regardless of your situation, a simple email to the seller would have sufficed after he tried emailing you multiple times. Apparently, that was too much effort for you to give, although you had time to log into this website day after day.

Stay classy, Frater Decus.

Back