Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My mom passed away

My mom passed away

My mother has had cancer and was bed ridden for over a year. She passed away last week and her funeral was held Monday. Nothing prepares you even if you know she will die and toward the end we started to pray that she wouldn't have to suffer any more.

She did enjoy cooking and always tried to make things interesting for us kids. She made meals that followed themes such as everything had to be the same color or everything started with the same letter. She loved to bake bread, pie, and cakes.

She and my dad have been married for over 50 years, they have 12 children, 11 boys and 1 girl. We hold the world record for the number of eagle scouts in a family, all because of our mother. We tell people to go ahead and break our record, have 12 sons and get them all to eagle scout.

She was fearless and only feared God trying to do what was right always. She was crazy and we will miss her. She planned her own funeral, and because of her lengthy suffering, gave her a lot time to reflect on her life. There could easily be a book written about all the things she did.

Rest in peace mom,

Devin

Sorry for your loss Devin, your Mum sounds like a wonderful lady. All the best for you and your family at this difficult time.
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Sorry to hear Devin. I will be thinking of you, Calista, Larrin, John, Kendal, Amy, Carol, and of course Jackie.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Devin, sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing even just a small bit of her life with us. Sounds like she was a very special woman, and greatly appreciated by her family.

Sorry for your loss Devin. A Dad is bad, but Mom is a tough one to part with. I know I sure miss mine some days especially during hockey season. She was a devout Red Wings fan.

Sorry for your loss Devin
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Sorry for your loss Devin. Losing a loved one is never easy, even when you expect it. If you need anything, let me know.

Devin, I am truly sorry for your loss. All the best for you and your family.
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

Devin,

I lost my Dad on Labor Day to a two year fight with cancer and you are right - even though you know it is coming, it is a harsh blow when it comes. We are going into deer hunting this weekend where my Dad has been our group leader for the last 30+ years and the loss has really hit me hard over the last couple of days as I have been getting ready.

Your mother was a wonderful woman and my prayers go out to your family that you have peace that her suffering is over and that she is in a better place now.

Best wishes,
    Eric

Devin, certainly one of the most difficult times any man could possibly go through. I'm thankful that I do not speak from experience when I say that.
    Sounds like you had the pleasure to share life with an amazing woman.
    And it also sounds like your sister could probably take on any one from this forum! 11 brothers?? She must be tough as nails!