As most of you already know , my takeda custom has been on regrind at Takeda because to say the least i was dissatisfied with how the blade was cutting (monster wedge). Now it is much better and as I promised , I've thought about letting an x number of ppl test it. The knife is not like a regular takeda Gyuto , and more in my taste profile and thinner all the way from the spine. With a well balanced Mike H handle. Its not the stainless coating verison.
I will send it to the United States where it will be shipped around until it returns home ( Sweden ) . I limit the number of people who will get to use it to 10, I choose people that i feel comfortable with.
I would appreciated if anyone could offer to be the last one that will send it back to me and also can do a good touch-up on the knife if needed before i get it back.
If your intrested PM me with your the state your in so i can figure out the best travel way.
1. Must be a regular member with KKF history
2. If you are comfortable with sharpening the knife and know what you are doing, you get to do a touch up if needed ( Do not change the profile).
3. Take your time packing it well and oil it up before you send it to the next person, (insurance for $ 400)
4. Use it with the right type of boards.
5. Let us know in this thread when you have the knife and when you send it to the next. so we know where it is.
6. Use it for a week or less and pass it on, PM next person in line its on the way to him and get his adress.
7. It´s up to you if you want to review it by saying a few words, taking photos in action. if so here is the place to post.
The profile sweetspots are abit more mellow then the drawing.