Gluten, dairy free dessert ideas?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any ideas for a plated dessert that is both gluten and dairy free? I'm like to make something that is the same for all...IE not serve a souffle and tell one person to skip the creme anglaise, or hold the whipped cream on a pavlova etc. Was thinking maybe meringue? I'm told some butter is OK.

Watching for more ideas:

Home cook here, so its not quite ready to roll out on a menu, but the flavors are def there.

Fruit Tarts
Crust: Almond/Cashew blend w honey to bind, baked on upside down muffin tin to make cups
Whipped Coconut Cream: 1 can coconut milk, 1tsp vanilla, 1tsp sugar - whip like crazy
Assorted fruit/berries: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries (have used blood oranges or little cuties as well)

(Optional - Infuse some mint into the cream, create a reduced syrup to drizzle, zest of some citrus)
Serve 2-3 per plate depending on size and number of varieties you wish to present

I have had a cocount panna cotta with botryris poached pneapples in my menu for a year and a bit atleast. It is gluten and dairy free , it is a life saver for dietary restrictions.

Divinity is pretty good. It's a candy, I have a mother in law on that diet it is awful trying to make dessert when they come by. Candy or a gluten free mix is about the only option unless you cook that way regularly.

Thanks Chef for the coconut panna cotta idea. Did a test run with some berry coulis and toasted nuts, which I think will work. I need to up the gelatin a bit, compared to my cream version....as I would like something I can un-mold on a plate....vs serving in a dish.

Back