Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Less contrasting chaotic pattern board.

  1. #1
    mtmwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Izhevsk, Russia
    Posts
    91

    Less contrasting chaotic pattern board.

    I collected all scrap in my shop and made three large end grain cutting boards.
    I used eight wood species: oak, ash, walnut, maple, padauk, sapele, cherry and hornbeam. All woods I worked with last month.
    The pattern is less contrasting because of use a lot of medium tone woods - oak, ash and cherry.
    I made three additional cuts, so the pieces of wood are small enough.
    Is it better?




  2. #2
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Saint-Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    970
    If only I had enough space in my kitchen for such a large boards, I'd buy one in a heartbeat! Looks great.
    The board from previous thread makes me a little bit dizzy, but this one does not

  3. #3
    mtmwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Izhevsk, Russia
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by icanhaschzbrgr View Post
    If only I had enough space in my kitchen for such a large boards, I'd buy one in a heartbeat! Looks great.
    The board from previous thread makes me a little bit dizzy, but this one does not
    I rarely sell large boards. Greatest demand is for small boards 300-400 mm in length

  4. #4
    Das HandleMeister apicius9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    3,517
    I like it. The first one was more like a show piece in an ultra-modern kitchen, something to impress the neighbors because it is so crazy This here looks more like an jnteresting but functional work board. All very subjective, of course. Definitely a good use of leftovers.

    Stefan

  5. #5
    mtmwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Izhevsk, Russia
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    I like it. The first one was more like a show piece in an ultra-modern kitchen, something to impress the neighbors because it is so crazy This here looks more like an jnteresting but functional work board. All very subjective, of course. Definitely a good use of leftovers.

    Stefan
    The first one was an order. The customer wanted exactly walnut, maple and cherry.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    726
    I like it a lot. Wish there was a way to ship these to Australia.

  7. #7
    mtmwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Izhevsk, Russia
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by rami_m View Post
    I like it a lot. Wish there was a way to ship these to Australia.
    I can ship it. But the shipping costs to Australia are high enough - http://mtmwood.com/shipping_terms.php
    The board dimensions are 420x365x40 mm, weight - 5 kg.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Belvidere Il.
    Posts
    56
    What is the size of these boards are they still avabile and what is the price ?

  9. #9
    Canada's Sharpest Lefty
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,335
    I really wish I had one of your boards, Andrei. They are beautiful.

  10. #10
    mtmwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Izhevsk, Russia
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuts63 View Post
    What is the size of these boards are they still avabile and what is the price ?
    I just uploaded them on the website - http://mtmwood.com/index.php?route=p...product_id=708
    All prices are in roubles and in English version they are automatically converted in USD depending on the current exchange rate. So prices in USD may vary.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •