Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Less contrasting chaotic pattern board.

Less contrasting chaotic pattern board.

I collected all scrap in my shop and made three large end grain cutting boards.
    I used eight wood species: oak, ash, walnut, maple, padauk, sapele, cherry and hornbeam. All woods I worked with last month.
    The pattern is less contrasting because of use a lot of medium tone woods - oak, ash and cherry.
    I made three additional cuts, so the pieces of wood are small enough.
    Is it better?

If only I had enough space in my kitchen for such a large boards, I'd buy one in a heartbeat! Looks great.
    The board from previous thread makes me a little bit dizzy, but this one does not

Quote Originally Posted by icanhaschzbrgr View Post
    If only I had enough space in my kitchen for such a large boards, I'd buy one in a heartbeat! Looks great.
    The board from previous thread makes me a little bit dizzy, but this one does not
    I rarely sell large boards. Greatest demand is for small boards 300-400 mm in length

I like it. The first one was more like a show piece in an ultra-modern kitchen, something to impress the neighbors because it is so crazy This here looks more like an jnteresting but functional work board. All very subjective, of course. Definitely a good use of leftovers.

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    I like it. The first one was more like a show piece in an ultra-modern kitchen, something to impress the neighbors because it is so crazy This here looks more like an jnteresting but functional work board. All very subjective, of course. Definitely a good use of leftovers.

Stefan
    The first one was an order. The customer wanted exactly walnut, maple and cherry.

I like it a lot. Wish there was a way to ship these to Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by rami_m View Post
    I like it a lot. Wish there was a way to ship these to Australia.
    I can ship it. But the shipping costs to Australia are high enough - http://mtmwood.com/shipping_terms.php
    The board dimensions are 420x365x40 mm, weight - 5 kg.

What is the size of these boards are they still avabile and what is the price ?

I really wish I had one of your boards, Andrei. They are beautiful.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nuts63 View Post
    What is the size of these boards are they still avabile and what is the price ?
    I just uploaded them on the website - http://mtmwood.com/index.php?route=p...product_id=708
    All prices are in roubles and in English version they are automatically converted in USD depending on the current exchange rate. So prices in USD may vary.