Stefan's Somebody in need of a few handles...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apicius9

Das HandleMeister
Founding Member
Reaction score
Morimoto posted this on Facebook today, I think I will donate a handle to him, he needs a few new ones... ;)

Stefan

image.jpg

Thats crazy is that yanagiba on the left meant to be a full size one that he has just used to that extent?

It's from scrubbing the handles daily with powdered cleansers like Ajax or something similar.

When I was cutting plenty fish.Ahi would get in the handle & would have to scrub it.About 6 yrs ago I got a Stepan Keller culy Koa Buff. horn.It worked great easy to clean.Held up well still have that Aritsugu 270mm blue steel yanagiba.

I just read the other day why the Japanese handle makers use their soft Magnolia wood for the handles and the explanation on one webpage was that "it wears to the user". I guess these handles are actually very comfortable! Maybe not the bottom one but the idea of a knife slowly conforming to the users grip. Never saw proof of this concept before this picture! Awesome!

This makes me so happy. You can really tell by the sharpening job and the whittled down handle how much he care for them.

Latest posts

Back