Western rehandles??

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattias504

Reaction score
I dont know if this is the right place to post this but I have been wondering...

With all you guys becoming knifemakers and such (congrats!!!), who still has time to do some western rehandles? I've got one or two knives I'd like to get some new shoes for.

maybe ask for recommendations versus asking the craftsman directly since no one will answer. :)

Yeah I think it's forbidden for them to answer or something, I don't really know :scratchhead:

Adam still does them but he's pretty busy these days. Marko is going fulltime knifemaker so it's a similar situation. Obviously there's Dave, and he's gotta have what, like 50 knives to make now? Crazy. Darkhoek has done some really fantastic handle and knife refinish work. Shipping might be expensive though to and from Norway. Lefty made a nice wa handle, judging by the drill press I saw in his photos he could probably manage a western handle. kalaeb has done a bunch of sweet handles but I'm not sure if he's doing any for others.

I bet I left out a couple other guys who might be up to it.

Dave is a good choice! I'll keep going on the wa's and who knows where that could go. :)

I still can't believe what Dave did with my blazen petty! The spalted maple from Del that Dave used seems to be alive!

Pesky

He's pretty new to doing it for others I believe, but kalaeb has done more than a few of his own, and they look quite nice from where I'm sitting. He's got a Carbonext with a cactus handle.

Back