Thread: American Heroes Channel

Original Knerd of Knives

American Heroes Channel

This seems to be a fairly new channel on my DirecTV. I love it!
    It's all about war history. A ton of good WW2 and especially good Vietnam stuff. Those of you military history nerds out there should check it out!
    Anybody else seen it?
    "When you're driving behind a Prius, there's 100% chance that nothing exciting will happen" -Karring M.

Original Knerd of Knives
    Well, apparently this must just be the Military Channel. They must've changed their name a while back. I thought Military was still going as well.
    Still a good channel. I can't help but get sucked in. It's real history, not Ancient Aliens.
    "When you're driving behind a Prius, there's 100% chance that nothing exciting will happen" -Karring M.

Ancient aliens isnt real history? actually, since i signed up for amazon prime ive found a ton of great documentaries available for streaming. Im partial to ken burns stuff. Ofcourse, its not necessarily military related.

My husband watches it. His dad was in Vietnam and a career marine so anything having to do with that or military aircraft (his specialty) he's glued to the tv.

Yeh the Military channel.They have some good programing.War DVD sets are cheap.I liked both the ( The World At War)narrated by Sir Laurance Olivier 1973 and (Secrets Of War) narrated by Charlton Heston.1990's. Both of these saw episodes on Military channel.When they first came out I was working all the time.I ordered the complete sets for dirt cheap on Amazon.

Came home tonight and my 15 year old was watching the AHC. They were running a show called something along the lines of Chasing Down Hitler's War Criminals. Great stuff!

Administrator
    I watch it. I love History, H2, Natgeo, all those channels.