Sabatier brand?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd1602

Reaction score
Greeting Forum,
I think that I posted this in the wrong thread. i am not used to forums so I hope this is the correct forum to post to.
My hobby is Estate sales and vintage kitchen knives in particular and Sabatiers in particular particular. I love to find these treasures for a buck or two and see them on ebay for a lot more. Plus I love the feel of these treasures and the ease of sharpening. To view my Kitchen collection you would think that all my knives are junk (except for any one who really appreciates these works of art.) My question is this. I have found a lot of different Sabatiers over the past years.... lions, trumpets, elephant etc. but recently I picked up a half dozen in one household, and even though it is hard to see because of the age, it appears that the logo is that of a pig. At first I thought it was an elephant that had its trunk wore off but after careful examination I really believe these are pigs. I could not find anything else on the internet about this particular brand of Sabatier so I am hoping that maybe there is an expert out there who has seen such an animal. (the knife... not the pig). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
todd

I am not sure how to add pictures to the thread. I could email Or if you tell me how to add pictures, I have some. Thank you for your interest

Rick, may I use that picture please? Have to illustrate the flat section "à la française" to people who've never seen a brand new French knife.

I believe that I have did it.
Thank you for those instructions
todd

knife_big.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Thank you for pointing me in a good direction. I had no idea that there were so many brands out there. It was interesting to note that this lady had a few genuine Sabatiers with the elephant and 4 stars trademark and then the pigs. They all appear about the same age.
Thanks again
todd

Back