Quantcast
Stepping Down from Admin/Moderator
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stepping Down from Admin/Moderator

Stepping Down from Admin/Moderator

As many of you know I started this site with Jim back in 2011 and then sold the site to GroupBuilders a year ago last week. (See http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...l=1#post193146)

I was legally bound by contract to remain on board to help transition through the sale to the new owners for a period of 30 days. I felt that this was not enough time and to maintain the needs of the forum I continued to do the administrating/moderating job for free for the remainder of the following year.

Recently I made the move to step down from my position of administrating/moderating this site as was initially planned. This move was done because I simply can not give up the time it takes to run this site without compensation. I will now use the time gained back to move forward with my business.

The purpose of this post is to share with the members the reason why I no longer will be contributing to running KKF as well as to ask that you do not contact me in the future with administrating/moderating questions & concerns. I would ask that you contact the staff instead as this will be the only answer that I can provide anyway. I also look towards getting Austin to switch out all of the rules/guideline posts into his name so that I can keep away from answering inquires.

I wish the best of luck to GroupBuilders and to KKF. Thanks to all of you who have been so supportive over the years and who have grown the kitchen knife community into what it has become.

Regards,
    Dave

Thanks for your work and effort Dave. Much appreciated and you will surely be missed as admin/mod.

Good luck with your business!

I have only been here for a few weeks but I have always got great replies to my noob questions and Dave has answered a few PM's with a lot of patience and insightful info despite the fact that is more than likely the same question he has answered a thousand times before
    Good luck expanding the business Dave

Warren

Thanks for everything you've done, Dave. The phrase "above and beyond the call of duty" is certainly appropriate for your generous donation of your time and effort.
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”

Yeah guys, stop emailing Dave about the site. He has to make MOAR KNIVEEEES!!

Thanks for setting up this place Dave and congratulations on the transition!
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Sad day around the KKF. Good luck with all future business.

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    Yes I want my sharp thingie aswell.
    -"we're gonna make gluten free lasagna"

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post

Thanks for setting up this place Dave and congratulations on the transition!
    +1000

We all really appreciate your hard work here. But, will probably appreciate it more on knives.

Dave,
    You did some fundamental work in creating a space for a great community to grow. I can't even imagine how much time and energy you've put in, but I'm sure it's a great deal.
    Thank you for your contributions--KKF is an incredibly valuable resource and group of people. I sincerely thank you for all that you've done.
    Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors, and look forward to your continuing contributions as a very knowledgeable and helpful member here!

I'm looking forward to more of the straight-talkin' here's-what-I-see-and-here's-what-I-know Dave. As a moderator, and certainly as someone who owns the place, there is a bit of self-censorship on what you say or how you say it. Now we have our original Dave back again

As others have said, thank you Dave for the time and effort you put into building up KKF into the community that it is

And yes, sharp thingies are always cool around here
    Len