Pimp My Forgecraft

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Magnus

Reaction score
Take a 25$ chef knife..... (not mine on this pic.. mine was more beat :))

asd_zps4be07181.jpg

And put another 250$ish on it
0fc79053_zps89947d29.gif

Tang shaped to fit WA. Custom 9 piece handle.
DSC02566_zpsfd817152.jpg

DSC02563_zps8b1d5bbc.jpg

Etched Top
DSC02575_zpse77f4e38.jpg

Regrind
DSC02578_zps6471547b.jpg

Bigger Choil and rounded aswell as spine.
DSC02585_zps3ec65c30.jpg

Mirror Bevel
DSC02581_zpseeed7d2c.jpg

That choil shot made my loins tingle. :doublethumbsup:

Yes i have used it and its like day and night from the orginal grind :) i have a 1k finish on it right now and its ok. but i think im gonna try a 3k finish and see if it hold that up good.

Looks great, gave me a few ideas for ones I have around here.

Pardon the newbie question, Is that a left handed grind seeing that is the side your bevel is on?

no its not a left handed grind. the mirror polish might make it hard to see the second bevel on the pics

Really nice. So much for "I don't want to rehandle, the handle would be more than the knife" ;)

Stefan

Really dig it. How long did the etch go for?

Though I keep accumulating knives, the ones I'm most fond of are the ones that have had work sunk into them to make them excellent users. I totally considered Forgecraft for a project knife, but held back because I was worried about having a soft edge.

Really dig it. How long did the etch go for?

Though I keep accumulating knives, the ones I'm most fond of are the ones that have had work sunk into them to make them excellent users. I totally considered Forgecraft for a project knife, but held back because I was worried about having a soft edge.

Im not sure how long it was beeing etched for. The guy that did it used iron chloride. When you etch u can just lift and look and then take it out when your happy.
The Steel is on the softer side but right now it has a 1k edge and hold up pretty well. im gonna try 3k and see how long that holds. like my friend said. we like sharpening so doing touch ups more aften is just a + :D

Gorgeous handle and wow, that's the best FC blade I've ever seen! You must be stoked :)

It's been said all ready but this is seriously some awesome work!

Latest posts

Back