Quantcast
Fast Cutting 2-3k stone and 5K Synthetic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast Cutting 2-3k stone and 5K Synthetic

Fast Cutting 2-3k stone and 5K Synthetic

Need a fast cutting 2-3k stone to use after Bester 1200 and one in 5K range after. Have been out of synthetic stones for a while, so not sure what's what these days.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Well for a 2k stone I use the Naniwa Aotoshi 2k Green Brick. It in my opinion and many others is that it is similar to an aoto in that it finish is much more I would say around 4k, and cuts like a 1k or so and it's rather fast and for the price like 45$ (When they are in, they go fast) along with the size which is two full bricks. That's my recommendation hope this helps.

Engorged Member
    Jon's gessin 2k soaker. Cuts fast and great feedback.

I am still digging my rika 5k. I find it cuts pretty fast and leaves a nice finish for that range. its not a 5k finish but cuts nicely. I rarely do below that stone these days.

i like my synthetic blue aoto.

Jon's gessin will replace your bester because it cuts just as fast if not faster and leaves a 2K+ finish
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by rockbox View Post
    Jon's gessin will replace your bester because it cuts just as fast if not faster and leaves a 2K+ finish
    That's what I was gonna say. I've only used the Bester a tiny bit, but that's what it seemed like to me when I compared them. I don't even use much pressure on the 2k and it cuts really quickly.

The Gesshin 400-2k-4k series is the nicest soaker series I've tried. I easily prefer them over the Choseras and the tried and true Bester-Rika combo.

i was warned about how fast jons 4k was for my razors but i likie it alot mtter of fact i think i be getting one so i have a nice step from the DMT1200 and then go 8k 12 k and maybe jons 20k cause it had a nice feel to it

Quote Originally Posted by l r harner View Post
    ...and then go 8k 12 k and maybe jons 20k cause it had a nice feel to it
    That's my razor progression, too. I use 8 to 12kSS and Gesshin20k.