What would you get if Mr. Spock designed kitchen knives?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
Answer: Textbook designs to show to new kitchen knifemakers as examples of what NOT to do!

Sadly though, these are not made as examples of what NOT to do nor are they from the planet Vulcan, instead they're actual production made "sushi knives" from here on Earth. :scared4:

spock-beauty.jpg

So what's wrong with these knives? I'll assume that you have no eyes....

Urine colored cheese grater D-shaped plastic handles.

The heal(s)....cut off? What are they doing like that?

The blade thickness/weight - needs a diet - bad

Profile.....do I really have to say this?

Swedges? Are these sushi knives, c.1800 butcher knives, or Bowie knives made for sand bar fighting?

Dead flat left side with no edge! How do you sharpen a knife with only 1 edge bevel?!?!?!? :clown:

Beam me up Scotty! :wink:

P1010001.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010012.JPG

P1010015.jpg

P1010017.jpg

Come on Dave it even comes standard with a can opener, what else do we need in a knife?

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

I meant bottle opener

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

I don't know if I'm the only one here that actually tried using them but they are as bad as they look. The company's reply was they hired some chef who's name didn't mean anything to me and he loved them (for a price maybe?). Thus I didn't know what I was talking about. In their defense, I'm left-handed and if you make a right hand only knife, I'm probably not going to like it much. By the way, they didn't exactly set the rest of the cutlery world on fire.

Probably should stick to Sebenzas.

To me it looks like something you'd find at a dollar store. 2 for $1. :rolleyes2:

- Steve

All joking aside, these knives really are bad. I bet they sell a crap load of them too.

Didn't these win some kind of a prize for best kitchen knife some years ago? Guess the judges took out the old, blind chimp and a dart board to reach that conclusion...

The scissors look normal. Are you supposed to assemble the rest into Bat'leth? I almost could picture it.

What are the original knives btw? I felt curious suddenly.

Chris Reeve Sikayo

They reminded me of when Homer designed a car

Back