wusthof classic nakiri ?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loves2cook

Reaction score
If you were going to spend under $100 on a nakiri would you consider the Wusthof Classic Nakiri at $79 ?

I have a few knives from the Tojiro DP series and I'm very happy with them. I can get one of their Nakiri's for $69.

I'm also open to a carbon steel knife as well. I take good care of my knives so rust is no problem for me. I wipe down my knives after every use.

If you were going to spend under $100 on a nakiri would you consider the Wusthof Classic Nakiri at $79 ?

No. It will not take and hold an edge as well as a Japanese made nakiri.

I have a few knives from the Tojiro DP series and I'm very happy with them. I can get one of their Nakiri's for $69.

If you are happy with what you have, then stay with Tojiro DP. It's a decent knife for the price.

If you want to get a better knife, consider the Gesshin Uraku in SKD from Japanese Knife Imports; it's much nicer steel than the VG10 in the Tojiro.

http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com/gesshin/gesshin-uraku/gesshin-uraku-165mm-skd-nakiri.html

img_1142.jpg

Thanks that is a beautiful looking knife. Does it comes with that cover ?

i just sharpened 2 wusties and a shun elite for some coworkers and i must say that the wusties felt awful on the stones and arent really capable of taking a really nice edge. pen tigers recommendation is a good one. personally, i think tojiro dp knives are much better cutters than wusthofs.

Tanaka kurouchi 165mm nakiri is only like $70.

Update: I purchased the Tojiro Shirogami Nakiri 165mm - White #2. If I find myself loving this knife I will pull the trigger on the Gesshin. Thanks for all your help and recommendations.

Back