Quantcast
New member. Hello. Hoping to learn about knives. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New member. Hello. Hoping to learn about knives.

Sorry, there's no shills here.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Whats a "shill"?

I don't know what a shill is, but what I am talking about is something like they have on other knife forums where a knife gets passed around between users to check it out.

What do you mean "shill"?

Thanks

Val

"A person engaged in covert advertising. The shill attempts to spread buzz by personally endorsing the product in public forums with the pretense of sincerity, when in fact he is being paid for his services." (Source: Urban Dictionary)

Val, you have stated that you were compensated by Kingdom Knives for past services rendered. What exactly is your current relationship with Kingdom Knives?
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Relationship with Kingdom Knives

Don and Marge Cota are a "one woman/one man" operation in St. Johnsbury VT. I recently designed their website and in the process became interested in knives. The customer feedback blew my mind. I am talking with Don about some sort of a partnership where he makes them and I try to promote/sell them. Before I do that, I am doing some homework to try to find out who knows about their knives or has tried them and who might actually own one. Don has said that if i find people who would like to check them out, he will make a couple available. I don't mean to seem "Covert". I stated up front that I did his web work.

I don't like the sound of "Shill".

Val

In that case I would recommend contacting Austin about becoming a vendor here and pay the fees that come with being a vendor

Welcome from the Netherlands by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by valpd View Post
    Don and Marge Cota are a "one woman/one man" operation in St. Johnsbury VT. I recently designed their website and in the process became interested in knives. The customer feedback blew my mind. I am talking with Don about some sort of a partnership where he makes them and I try to promote/sell them. Before I do that, I am doing some homework to try to find out who knows about their knives or has tried them and who might actually own one. Don has said that if i find people who would like to check them out, he will make a couple available. I don't mean to seem "Covert". I stated up front that I did his web work.

I don't like the sound of "Shill".

Val

What you are asking goes against the rules of this forum. We have pass arounds, test prototypes, give reviews, help knifemakers etc, however those we help in that manner have that privilege because they are paying vendors and active members of this community. You simply can not come in to this community, advertise for a non paying vendor and ask us to help said non paying vendor by providing any sort of collective information. You can't use us as a free resource for your business purposes. We've been hurt before. That's why the rules are in place.

Thank you for the heads up.

If I do this with Don, I will be joining here as a vendor and thank you for letting me how it works here.

Val

If you do, I'll gladly test your knives.

I'm going to lock this until we can get it sorted out.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Where do I sign up?

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    I'm going to lock this until we can get it sorted out.
    I don't see a link to "vendor signup?"