New member. Hello. Hoping to learn about knives.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valpd

Reaction score
Greetings folks. I am in Vermont. I recently did some work for Kingdom Knives and got a lovely set of kitchen knives from them. I am wondering about the quality of these knives. Does anyone know anything about them? Kingdomknives.com. The owner seems to think that these are some of the nicest kitchen knives that are out there today. (unapproved link removed)

I am also using the Wicked Edge knife sharpening system.

I would love feedback on these knives. Thanks in advance.

Val

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome. I'm rather new here too. There's a ton to learn. The search function will be your new best friend for a while.

You'll find folks here are a generally helpful lot. Knives are like anything where subjective preference is involved. It can become a bit "religious" at times. I personally just sit back and watch the fun. :bigeek:

I'm sure the owner is quite proud of his products. What others say about them will "tell the tale".

Enjoy!

I've done a few of their hunting knives. Nice folder, well made. Good steel. Never seen a kitchen knife from them. Made in Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. How bad can that be?

As I said, I recently did the website for Kingdom Knives. I would like to be able to send a knife to someone for "review' or whatever. Who in this group would be up for that?

Thanks

Val

I don't know what a shill is, but what I am talking about is something like they have on other knife forums where a knife gets passed around between users to check it out.

What do you mean "shill"?

Thanks

Val

"A person engaged in covert advertising. The shill attempts to spread buzz by personally endorsing the product in public forums with the pretense of sincerity, when in fact he is being paid for his services." (Source: Urban Dictionary)

Val, you have stated that you were compensated by Kingdom Knives for past services rendered. What exactly is your current relationship with Kingdom Knives?

Don and Marge Cota are a "one woman/one man" operation in St. Johnsbury VT. I recently designed their website and in the process became interested in knives. The customer feedback blew my mind. I am talking with Don about some sort of a partnership where he makes them and I try to promote/sell them. Before I do that, I am doing some homework to try to find out who knows about their knives or has tried them and who might actually own one. Don has said that if i find people who would like to check them out, he will make a couple available. I don't mean to seem "Covert". I stated up front that I did his web work.

I don't like the sound of "Shill".

:)

Val

In that case I would recommend contacting Austin about becoming a vendor here and pay the fees that come with being a vendor :)

Welcome from the Netherlands by the way!

Don and Marge Cota are a "one woman/one man" operation in St. Johnsbury VT. I recently designed their website and in the process became interested in knives. The customer feedback blew my mind. I am talking with Don about some sort of a partnership where he makes them and I try to promote/sell them. Before I do that, I am doing some homework to try to find out who knows about their knives or has tried them and who might actually own one. Don has said that if i find people who would like to check them out, he will make a couple available. I don't mean to seem "Covert". I stated up front that I did his web work.

I don't like the sound of "Shill".

:)

Val

What you are asking goes against the rules of this forum. We have pass arounds, test prototypes, give reviews, help knifemakers etc, however those we help in that manner have that privilege because they are paying vendors and active members of this community. You simply can not come in to this community, advertise for a non paying vendor and ask us to help said non paying vendor by providing any sort of collective information. You can't use us as a free resource for your business purposes. We've been hurt before. That's why the rules are in place.

If I do this with Don, I will be joining here as a vendor and thank you for letting me how it works here.

Val

If you do, I'll gladly test your knives.

I have not heard from Austin or anyone concerning joining as a vendor?

Thanks

Hi, i'm Hann Lam. i'm newbie in forum. i want to learn about knife and use them. i hope every one help me when i'm new. Thank

Back