Thread: Any experience with Australian Good Food Guide

Any experience with Australian Good Food Guide

I had a phone call from an editor of the Australian Good Food Guide saying that they were getting lot of inquiries about our restaurant, that we were in top 3 in our area on tripadvisor .She wanted to talk to me and update our details, menus, put my bio on etc. She also said for a fee of less than $2000 year we can be featured as a restaurant of the month and advertised throughout the year . I have looked up and only 4 restaurants out of 50+ in my area are there. It is not the Sydney morning heralds food guide but I am sure It will give as exposure . The boss is ok with spending the money on advertisement , but I don't want to get excited about it. Did anybody else had to deal with them? Any first hand experience and info will be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

We have an AGFG hat, 12/20 even though they've never reviewed us. I don't pay much attention to it. I'm suss on a guide that charges the Restaurants not those that buy the guide. It may help boost business though
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

I think that Agfg reaches more people than the Sydney morning Herald guide in terms of National coverage and $2000 is not bad ,plus its a buisness expense.Give it a year and see if you can survey guests as to whether they were exposed to Agfg or not.Dont see there is much to lose if funds are not an issue.

Thanks for the info guys, it is on my to do list along with thousand other things

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum