Quantcast
East Coast Gathering ECG 2014 - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: East Coast Gathering ECG 2014

Rick, sorry Sherri, Haley and I missed you this year we had to leave. Was looking forward to another demo. Maybe next year.

Thanks especially to Craig for hosting the event this year. Really enjoyed it and meeting so many people in person for the first time. Disappointed that I missed Rick, who I didn't realize would arrive so late, so I unfortunately departed before his arrival on the scene. Next year!

Thanks to Craig and Debbie for hosting again this year! It was great to hang with Chris and family, Larry - great to meet you, Destin (name changed to protect whatever), Ben, and the rest. Sorry to have missed Rick. I've watched the fish show the past two years and would have liked to see more. As punishment, when I win the Marko, I will not give it to you.

Seth (the mean one of the litter)
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

Wish I could have made it thus year, but sadly the first of many weddings was this weekend. Wedding hangovers are the worst.
    But I hope to see pictures soon!

So who won the drawing? If the drawing wasn't done, put your names here and I will draw it same as I do with lottery knives.

Marko

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Craig's son Ben won the raffle. And interestingly enough, he is also the one who drew the name Haha, it was all legit though; several of us were watching.

It was a very nice, relaxing day.

While I was there got to admire several beautiful Harner knives (brought by Butch), and some fascinating pieces from Colin's collection, but I feel bad if there's any truth to the rumor that not too long after I left Rick arrived with a whole tuna, which he and Colin proceeded to expertly slice up completely in 6 minutes and 25 seconds, into perfect portions of sashimi plus tuna steaks, etc. -- all using two dull old carbon knives that Rick had stopped to pick up at a flea market on the way to the ECG and then sharpened in a couple of minutes, giving them razor edges, using only Craig's paving stones and an old newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by larrybard View Post
    While I was there got to admire several beautiful Harner knives (brought by Butch), and some fascinating pieces from Colin's collection, but I feel bad if there's any truth to the rumor that not too long after I left Rick arrived with a whole tuna, which he and Colin proceeded to expertly slice up completely in 6 minutes and 25 seconds, into perfect portions of sashimi plus tuna steaks, etc. -- all using two dull old carbon knives that Rick had stopped to pick up at a flea market on the way to the ECG and then sharpened in a couple of minutes, giving them razor edges, using only Craig's paving stones and an old newspaper.
    Goes to tell you..
    That would have been great to watch. Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by larrybard View Post
    I can not confirm these statements. I won't deny them, but I can't confirm them.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Quote Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
    Craig's son Ben won the raffle. And interestingly enough, he is also the one who drew the name Haha, it was all legit though; several of us were watching.

It was a very nice, relaxing day.
    Yeah that's soooo wierd and with Father's day right around the corner and all......
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/