Quantcast
East Coast Gathering ECG 2014 - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: East Coast Gathering ECG 2014

Thanks Craig & Debbie for hosting this event, also thanks to everyone to showing all the good stuffs. And I will see you guys again next year at Chris's...... Cheers.

Fendy (D3st1n).

Quote Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
    Craig's son Ben won the raffle. And interestingly enough, he is also the one who drew the name Haha, it was all legit though; several of us were watching.

It was a very nice, relaxing day.
    Congratulations to Ben. I will post pics of the knife before sending it to Craig.

Marko

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Congrats Ben.!!

Thanks to everyone who came to this year's ECG. The turnout was a bit light but it was nice to see some new forum members and non-forum friends and family.

Burl Source is hitting his stride with some highly figured blocks of wood I've never heard of before. Butch, as usual, brought some great knives and liquid nitrogen he and Doug Seward used to make soft-serve ice cream. mingooch is quickly building up his hoard of 270 custom-handled gyuto's and Seth is still the Shig king. Chef Niloc arrived late and stayed late with his Beatty cleavers, knife belts and some of the amazing knives he's posted here.

Food-wise, Jim made some excellent pulled pork. Doug's traditional linzer tort was excellent, as were mingooch's wings.

Theory arrived close to 7:00, when everyone was either gone or packing up. He and Niloc hung out, ate pulled pork sandwiches and yammered on about knives and the resto biz until about 9:30. I think my son, Ben -who woke up at 2:00 p.m- sat with them, but I was done in after starting to set up at 8:00 a.m.

My wife, Debi, was a great help and host, especially considering she couldn't care less about knives. I'm a lucky guy.

mingooch/Chris said he'd be hosting it next year at Sandy Hook NJ. I'll see you all there.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    I can not confirm these statements. I won't deny them, but I can't confirm them.
    Yeah, the legend continues. Supposedly soon to be made into a major motion picture, with RT played by Johnny Depp and Butch by Vin Diesel. (Not sure who will be cast as Colin.)

Seriously, thanks to everyone else who did so much to make me (and others) feel so welcome, and providing food, etc., e.g. (in no particular order), Doug, Jim, Debbie, Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by larrybard View Post
    Yeah, the legend continues. Supposedly soon to be made into a major motion picture, with RT played by Johnny Depp and Butch by Vin Diesel. (Not sure who will be cast as Colin.)

Seriously, thanks to everyone else who did so much to make me (and others) feel so welcome, and providing food, etc., e.g. (in no particular order), Doug, Jim, Debbie, Chris.
    looking at his old avatar I'd say Daniel Day-Lewis would be the obvious choice

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    Yeah that's soooo wierd and with Father's day right around the corner and all......
    He threatened to etch dragons and flames into it at work. Though I think (at least hope) he was just trying to stir the pot...

Quote Originally Posted by mano View Post
    Thanks to everyone who came to this year's ECG. The turnout was a bit light but it was nice to see some new forum members and non-forum friends and family.

Burl Source is hitting his stride with some highly figured blocks of wood I've never heard of before.
    Once again I've been mistaken for Mark. I even wore my Dream Burls T-shirt. I'm starting to get a complex. Maybe Mark and I need to post our pictures side by side so people can tell the difference. No worries Mano, I had a great time anyway.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

Myron, I'm so sorry. The wood you brought was the stuff of dreams.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by larrybard View Post
    Johnny Depp
    I don't have that many bracelets...
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/