Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Midwest Knife Get Together Fest Hoedown and Wine Drinking Party

Midwest Knife Get Together Fest Hoedown and Wine Drinking Party

I'm trying to gauge interest in who might want to attend a midwest knife gathering in the new year. Tentatively, the dates of 20-22 February 2015 seem to work, and the 22nd is my birthday, so I have license from my wife to have WHATEVER party I want.

I've only mentioned this to a couple others so far, but we can usually dig up some knife knuts here in Minneapolis. Of course, it is winter and that adds some variability, so I am initially thinking of a two-day affair. It gives some flexibility for weather and if someone just wants to pop in for a day and boogie, then that'll be fine too.

I'd love to see some Chicago and WI crowd make it, or even a Canadian or two. And if there are any makers out there, they are more than welcome. Randy? Or maybe Ric Furrer or Delbert -- who knows. But everyone is welcome regardless of location. Just book your tickets to arrive at MSP on the coldest f**king month of the year.

I do have space to stay at my house for a few people. After that you are on your own. Maybe Chuckles, Heldentenor, Customfan, or Justin0505 can spot you a couch.

Just think about it, and if you are interested post here or send me a PM. There are some great restaurants here in town, and we always have a good time with good food. Bags of veggies and cutting boards will be provided for chopping.

And even if a big gathering doesn't happen, I will likely have something smaller as we tend to have a few get togethers per year anyhow. The odd interloper is always welcome.

Cheers,
    Karring
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Hmmmm....I'm tentatively interested, will be down to timing with my personal sitch. Would be nice to see you guys again if nothing else!
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Hmmmm.... maybe I can talk Randy in to a road trip!

Quote Originally Posted by cheflarge View Post
    Hmmmm.... maybe I can talk Randy in to a road trip!
    Just tell him that he needs to re-etch my meteorite blade if he comes. I used a scothbrite pad to polish it up the other day

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Now that's funny!!!

Here it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_437608268.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	211.9 KB 
ID:	25449  

Damn, K, that is frickin beautiful. What is the handle material? Jr's damascus isof the hook! 😀

It is stained black…something. As Randy knows, I like things simple and dark looking. I think my description for what I wanted included Darth Vader. I'd have to check on our e-mails way back when, but it might be stained redwood.

k.

With the selected, Fn FRIGID, dates, not sure if you are trying to keep people from coming or you are going to have some seriously good party.... And I doubt your wife knows what she is getting into inviting a bunch 'ol Rustys

If I can make it, at least I can being really good wine...

Maybe a knife or two.

I have more airline points that I could ever spend, now I i just need the time to go so ewhere for fun.