Quantcast
Hello fellow knife people! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello fellow knife people!

Very impressive!

I love that cutting board. Is that custom made, by you maybe?

I to0 love that cutting board!

maybe I'll come to calgary for the stampede and get myself one! okay there may be more friendly economical options then that.

what store was it from tho, as I do have some friends heading down for the stampede and I may be able to convince them to bring me back one... on top of the cowboy boots there bringing home for me as well

edit: just saw that it was made out east. where? as that was a trip I was going to do anyway!

gotta love calgary!

I got mine from Knifewear in Inglewood (East of downtown). The boards are made in Nova Scotia (waaay East of downtown). Their site is larchwoodcanada.com. I would post a link but am on my iPhone and failed at it. Looks like you can order right off their site.

Hey welcome! This is a great little collection you have! It's refreshing to see someone with good stuff that didn't get them by first buying 55 pieces of crap.

That cutting board is so cool looking!

link...

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    Hey welcome! This is a great little collection you have! It's refreshing to see someone with good stuff that didn't get them by first buying 55 pieces of crap.
    Just Henkels and then Globals. I couldn't believe the difference when I got the first Global! Thin and light and so much sharper than the Henkels. Of course then I discovered "real" Japanese knives and what is possible with waterstones.

My mother in law has a full set of Globals and I made the mistake of offering to sharpen them a couple weeks ago They haven't been sharpened for three years. You could cut better with a spatula. Those things are a B@$tard to sharpen! They may be thin but they are really thick behind the edge and the steel is pretty wear resistant compared to cabon. Not to mention a few of them had some pretty good chips from putting them in the dishwasher.

Trouble is, now I have repetitive stess injuries, no knuckle on my right ring finger, they're so sharp she's scared to use them, she still refuses to hand wash them, and she went and told everybody else in the family what an amazing job I did. Now everybody wants their knives sharpened!!

No good deed goes unpunished!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Welcome to the forums. And that is one nice looking cutting board and some good looking knives.

I really love my little global but I don't look forward to sharpening it like I do my other knives. The idea of sharpening a whole set to what I consider decent makes me shudder a little. lol

+ Reply to Thread