Vacmaster 112 under $600

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
I've been shopping chamber vacs for a little while. The Vacmaster 112 was over 700 on Amazon and most other websites. It's under 600 on Webrestaurant but out of stock. I was pleasantly surprised when Amazon dropped price yesterday to just under 600 and then today to 549. They just put one on the brown truck for me. 2 left.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003YE8FG0/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I've no affiliation with either Vacmaster or Amazon, just a cheap SOB that spends to much on toys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave you're going to love it. PM me after you get it and I'll give you some tips. I think I've about mastered it. It's not just put bag in and press start. Get some watermelon and dark Malibu coconut rum and make an infusion.

I want one soo bad how much are the bags? And why types of bags do you guys use? I heard silicon I think is better?

I got a NIB VacMaster Pro 260 for $100 on eBay, and I'm in love. How much better is the chamber? I had no problems with liquid in bags (using the "pulse mode" and some care, though I've had to leave long necks on bags, which is a waste of plastic), and the 260 can do vacuum infusion and marinades in a vacuum container, which I haven't tried yet.

You guys are killing me. I can't afford all my hobbies. Still really want to get into sous vide and infusing.

Like someone made the cheaper Sous Vide circulators, someone needs to make a cheaper chamber vac

I picked one of these up, do you guys know about increasing time for a certain size bag or anything?

I did a large bag and got a good deal but not as good as some of the smaller ones.

I have the seal bar set to 6

Mine is also set to 6 and bag size does not seem to affect the seal. Something I did while using a strip sealer for SV was to put a double seal on the closing end. I've not used my vacmaster for a "seal only" function but I'm sure it's doable. If any doubt about your primary seal just put a 2nd one outside of it.

I think what's in the bag is the key to seal times. And also the temperature of what's in the bag.

Also, the seal by the vac master is already a double seal. ;)

Back