Welcome, Baby Cohen McLean!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Reaction score
Guys, as you all know, my wife and I had been patiently awaiting the arrival of our first baby. It was a great experience, and not knowing if the baby was to be a boy or girl made it that much more of a rush.

On April 9th, at 8:25pm, my beautiful wife gave birth to a healthy, handsome, and incredible baby boy! 7lb 4oz, and 20.5" long, this guy is built and ready to melt your heart. :)

Say hi to Cohen Thomas Silva McLean! I'm pretty sure he's already analyzing his golf swing and designing kitchen knives in his head. Based on the size of his mitts, he might have to get oversized grips and handles. :D

3E3298D5-1987-4B0C-9323-1EB34B8A48F3-14675-000012A76A0265D0_zpsf3a34e92.jpg

Needless to say, we're completely in love with this little guy. Cohen says, "Hi, everyone"!

Congratulations Tom.

He is a cute baby....

Happy many sleepless night LOL...

But it's worth every second of it.

Congratulations:doublethumbsup::doublethumbsup: Try and keep him away from knives for at least the first few months:biggrin:

That is one cute baby. Congrats to you and your wife Tom! Hopefully you get some paternity leave to spend some extra time with the little guy!

Huge congrats. Being a father is the best kept secret! Embrace every moment.

Congrats! I hope baby and mama are doing well!

Leave for parents is one of the most attractive things about Canada. That is a really cute kid, y'all did a good job!

Congrats Tom! Enjoy these first few days with the three of you before starting work again!

congrats... really exciting news. Having gone through this all myself recently, feel free to bug me any time you have questions about anything.

Thanks everyone!

Awesome, Jon! I'll be sure to hassle you. First questions, of course are, how soon is too soon to get him grinding away with me in the shop, and what should be his first kitchen knife? :)

i had a plan for this... we were going to get him wooden knife shaped toys to play with... then, when he was a bit older, we were going to tape the knife to his hands and put him in a swing... then, we were going to add a stone... i figured by 2 or 3 he would be helping me sharpen :p

i had a plan for this... we were going to get him wooden knife shaped toys to play with... then, when he was a bit older, we were going to tape the knife to his hands and put him in a swing... then, we were going to add a stone... i figured by 2 or 3 he would be helping me sharpen :p

Haha. Amazing!

Congrats and all the best! Exciting times.

Stefan

Back