Hello Kitchen Knife World ...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tubed

Reaction score
Have been using a gyuto for a little while. Would like to get started on Katsuramuki. Am here to learn.

Oh boy - looks like someone's going be shopping for an usuba. Welcome to KKF! :)

Welcome welcome! It sounds like you're already heading down the road of expanding your stable of knives :)

Oh boy - looks like someone's going be shopping for an usuba. Welcome to KKF! :)

Indeed very interested in a usuba. Kind of got the idea that 180mm is a good size to start, and kamagata is the more versatile type. But not sure. Would like to hear expert opinions.

can't wait to try Katsuramuki. On a cucumber tho.

Some of my friends are health freaks but love sushi. They wanted vegetable only type sushi. I told them I could try to Katsuramuki a cucumber then use the skin instead of nori and just double roll is to stick (or use an avo paste?). Julienne the rest and put some carrots and avo. will it work - who knows but I do love making a mess. Can't wait for the knives to come so I can try it.

Back