Quantcast
New Kramer Auction
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Kramer Auction

Unhappy New Kramer Auction

Just got an email from Bob Kramer announcing an auction that ends on Wednesday at 11:00 A.M. The knife is a 10" chef's in Pulsar Mosaic Damascus with a snake wood handle. Man, I sure wish I could afford to make a competitive bid.
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

It is a real beauty,

I just looked it is a beauty. It's already at $12,100 with two days to go. Wonder how high this one will make it.

where do you see this?

Kramer sends out an e mail and you can go to his site but you have to be a member to see the auction page.

at those prices, there's got to be a secret Kramer "club" of sorts. Crazy

the first rule of kramer club is that you do not talk about kramer club

Newbie question. How much are his normal customs? How long is the wait list and most importantly are they worth it? I can't afford it atm but who knows how thing are in a couple of years

Considering that his ready mades go for 15,000 and above- I'm guessing you'd need something beyond that to get his attention. I follow him on Instagram, and he just seems to travel constantly and hang out with knife makers across the world. Why bother with making what somebody else wants, when you can bang out a knife every few months, get some residuals from having your name on a couple mass produced knives, and live free and easy?
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Wow, are the waiting list lottery thing on his website for his ready made??? I honestly thought the auction prices are for the rich buggers who can't wait. But you can wait a bit and get it cheaper.