• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Suisin Hayate Light Yanagiba, Yoshikane Honesuki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ulalume

Reaction score
Ok, first up is a Suisin Hayate Light Yanagiba 300mm, ho wood and buffalo horn handle, mirror finish. The knife is blue steel #2, made by Keijiro Doi. Comes with ho wood saya. It came from Korin with uraoshi sharpening, otherwise it hasnt been sharpened but I have used fingerstones on the bevel. Amazing yanagiba, I couldnt find any flaws, other than the different handle and package, I can't tell the difference between the light and normal Hayate versions. Anyway, since Keijiro Doi retired, Korin stopped selling the light versions already.
$400.00 shipped in the US with paypal.

The second is a Yoshikane Honesuki 165mm, buffalo horn and chestnut handle. Knife is V2 steel and true single bevel. Hasn't been sharpened, only used a handful of times.
$240.00 shipped in the US with paypal.

http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/rseechuk/media/IMG_0156_zps84cc4bbf.jpg.html?sort=3&o=12

PM any questions.Thanks

I did a quick image location thingy so it would show the knives here.
IMG_0156_zps84cc4bbf.jpg

Yoshikane honesuki, price drop $215.00 shipped in the US

Must be time for a bump for this excellent chicken killer. I have the same Yoshi Honesuki, chestnut handle provides good grip, good balance in hand, and sharpens easily. A very good Honesuki at an entry level price.

Gosh that Yoshi Honesuki is tempting - too big for my use, but I just have a soft Spot for Yoshi and this one is rare. Hope it finds a good home :)

Back