Quantcast
Sakai Yusuke in stock - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sakai Yusuke in stock

It would have to be rare and hard to find. And none of the forum vendors stock it.

discussing the availability of sakai yusuke knives doesnt effect the business of any vendor here in a negative way. also, this isnt some kinda weird cult. we should be able discuss knives and user experiences outside of the kkf vendor ecosystem.

There's no hard-and-fast rule on this.

If forum members generally want these updates - because the knives in question are hard to come by, in high demand, being given away free, has magical powers, for whatever reason - then they're okay, keep 'em coming. On the other hand if very few people care and others find it annoying - because the knives are always available, nobody here wants them, they'll suck the life out of you, etc - then don't do it. If you have a number of people saying thanks after the announcement or saying they picked up one or two of the announced knives, then I'd say that's a sign people appreciate the updates.

It'll be a judgment call by both the membership at large and the moderator team whether someone who makes a lot of these updates is doing so because they honestly feel that many members want to know about the updates, or because they're pushing product on behalf of the seller.
    Len

In the spirit of keeping peace on the forum I have taken the 270 off the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Dark and Swarfy View Post
    In the spirit of keeping peace on the forum I have taken the 270 off the market.
    Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by erikz View Post
    As these are highly sought after blades I don't see any wrong in posting stock info here. Nothing to do with commercial interests. In 'looking for' threads this happens all the time. E.g. check a-frames for this, metal master for that etc.

I wouldn't have any trouble with us being informed about very rare blades getting back in stock at whatever supplier. It's not like we're talking shuns or some chinese rip off trash here
    +1

As well as these knives being highly sought after Keiichi ( the vendor) is one of the most reputable guys out there. I can't speak highly enough of him.
    "There are 2 mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way and not starting"

Decided to spoil myself for my upcoming birthday with a 240mm white#2 that was available. Lets hope it is overlooked in customs (my government doesn't deserve VAT for the labor that the Japanese craftsmen have made) and that the knife is not an expensive mistake (doubtful).

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzardborn View Post
    Decided to spoil myself for my upcoming birthday with a 240mm white#2 that was available. Lets hope it is overlooked in customs (my government doesn't deserve VAT for the labor that the Japanese craftsmen have made) and that the knife is not an expensive mistake (doubtful).
    I do not think you will be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by keithsaltydog View Post
    I do not think you will be disappointed
    Me neither . I have one and it's a brilliant cutter!

And I thoroughly endorse the birthday knife purchase

Happy Birthday!