Sakai Yusuke in stock

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erilyn75

Reaction score
FYI:

BWJ has (2) 240 stainless Yusuke's in stock

Also two petties :)

Thanks for the heads up, I just ordered a different lader (Konosuke GS) so I have to pass on this...

Sorry, what's BWJ?
BluewayJapan, an eBay vendor. He stocks the Yusuke from time to time though they don't pop up on regular ebay searches (at least for me), so I keep his store bookmarked and check it from time to time.

Are the two models same that he has? Thinking of snatching one.

Edit: 240mm with black and with whitish ferule I mean.

Are the two models same that he has? Thinking of snatching one.

Edit: 240mm with black and with whitish ferule I mean.

Yes I believe they are both the same. I'm surprised their still available

He originally had 3. If I remember correctly, the first one sold was a bit more expensive, and maybe it was a darker wood handle.. forgot the details unfortunately. They look so good! **edit** It was an octagon ichii handle**
The petties are what I'm really looking at, but Yusuke petties are a tad expensive for my budget.

Newly listed 210 special thin with ebony handle.
There's also a thin 270. I don't know if it's totally appropriate to advertise on a company's behalf like this when they are not members here.

Im sorry, I didn't know it was against the rules. I know these knives are highly sought after so I thought I'd just let everyone know.

I don't see them telling people when they are available. They just comment on the knives they have. Same as a dozen other makers around. But then I could be wrong. Anyway I would appreciate the heads up if I was looking for this particular knife.

So if CKTG had fresh stock, it'd be OK to announce? I'm not trying to boss anyone around, so please don't get me wrong.

If they had an ultra rare Kramer for sale :p, why not. I am assuming Knife isn't available anywhere else.

As these are highly sought after blades I don't see any wrong in posting stock info here. Nothing to do with commercial interests. In 'looking for' threads this happens all the time. E.g. check a-frames for this, metal master for that etc.

I wouldn't have any trouble with us being informed about very rare blades getting back in stock at whatever supplier. It's not like we're talking shuns or some chinese rip off trash here ;)

As these are highly sought after blades I don't see any wrong in posting stock info here. Nothing to do with commercial interests. In 'looking for' threads this happens all the time. E.g. check a-frames for this, metal master for that etc.

This. End of.

I remember the days when Yusuke was considered the poor man's Sakai laser, and were readily available.

So if I want to sell a specific knife brand here, I can just ask a supportive customer to announce every time they see I have it in stock?

I wouldn't mind, if you know it's sought after...

It would have to be rare and hard to find. And none of the forum vendors stock it.

discussing the availability of sakai yusuke knives doesnt effect the business of any vendor here in a negative way. also, this isnt some kinda weird cult. we should be able discuss knives and user experiences outside of the kkf vendor ecosystem.

There's no hard-and-fast rule on this.

If forum members generally want these updates - because the knives in question are hard to come by, in high demand, being given away free, has magical powers, for whatever reason - then they're okay, keep 'em coming. On the other hand if very few people care and others find it annoying - because the knives are always available, nobody here wants them, they'll suck the life out of you, etc - then don't do it. If you have a number of people saying thanks after the announcement or saying they picked up one or two of the announced knives, then I'd say that's a sign people appreciate the updates.

It'll be a judgment call by both the membership at large and the moderator team whether someone who makes a lot of these updates is doing so because they honestly feel that many members want to know about the updates, or because they're pushing product on behalf of the seller.

I wouldn't have any trouble with us being informed about very rare blades getting back in stock at whatever supplier. It's not like we're talking shuns or some chinese rip off trash here ;)

+1

As well as these knives being highly sought after Keiichi ( the vendor) is one of the most reputable guys out there. I can't speak highly enough of him.

Decided to spoil myself for my upcoming birthday with a 240mm white#2 that was available. Lets hope it is overlooked in customs (my government doesn't deserve VAT for the labor that the Japanese craftsmen have made) and that the knife is not an expensive mistake (doubtful).

Decided to spoil myself for my upcoming birthday with a 240mm white#2 that was available. Lets hope it is overlooked in customs (my government doesn't deserve VAT for the labor that the Japanese craftsmen have made) and that the knife is not an expensive mistake (doubtful).

I do not think you will be disappointed

Back