Drought-Resistant, No-Mow Grass

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with converting their lawn to no-mow with a higher drought resistant grass variety?

I know it depends upon growing zone, but I have been thinking of over seeding my new lawn with a bent grass that requires little watering and only once-a-month mowing for show-case areas (front yard).

My last house had a sprinkler system and we got hooked on chemicals to control weeds which were plentiful due to vacant weed-ridden lots next to us.

Less water, no sprinkler system/maintenance, no chemicals, less time mowing = win, win, win, win in my book.

karring

My wife has been spreading clover seeds on our lawn in the early spring for a couple of years now. Ok for us, but we are in a different growing zone.

if it existed, i imagine the local golf courses would use it. i dont think it exist.

speaking of golf courses, when i lived in the desert..i tried to grow a lawn. talking to the greenskeeper at the course nearby was so informative. dude loved to talk. he gave me awesome advice.

now my current house..i have decomposed granite and desert plants. i am over having a lawn.

I actually called and asked which grass was best for Minnesota and placed my order. It should be here tomorrow.

We'll see how it goes. This is just one of a few areas I am looking to permanently cut back on. I've converted my landline to VOIP, cable to OTA antenna, and a maintained, watered lawn to no-mow, low water lawn.

k.

Back