Recs for Savannah?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rahimlee54

Founding Member
Reaction score
I am heading to Savannah GA next week. Looking at making reservations this weekend for dinners, any places that I must try?

Thanks
Jared

My must do in Savannah is the "Pink House". Upstairs is nice if a little crowded. Women love it. My preference is to go to the jazz bar in the basement where full menu is available. A little loud but more relaxed.

Across the street is the Lucas Theatre, restored from the civil war era. If anything is playing there its worth the price of admission to see the inside. Can google and find out schedule. http://lucastheatre.com/schedule/

Riverfront bars/restaurants change too quickly to make recommendations (except the chains and nothing to recommend there) Worth taking a walk and picking one that looks good.

Tibey (sp?) Island is a quick drive from the riverfront. Cold beer and fried seafood. Can be fun.

Stay away from Paula Deans (but you knew that). Long wait for a lousy buffet but the prices are high. Don't ask how I know...

My must do in Savannah is the "Pink House". Upstairs is nice if a little crowded. Women love it. My preference is to go to the jazz bar in the basement where full menu is available. A little loud but more relaxed.

Across the street is the Lucas Theatre, restored from the civil war era. If anything is playing there its worth the price of admission to see the inside. Can google and find out schedule. http://lucastheatre.com/schedule/

Riverfront bars/restaurants change too quickly to make recommendations (except the chains and nothing to recommend there) Worth taking a walk and picking one that looks good.

Tibey (sp?) Island is a quick drive from the riverfront. Cold beer and fried seafood. Can be fun.

Stay away from Paula Deans (but you knew that). Long wait for a lousy buffet but the prices are high. Don't ask how I know...

100% agree on all the above. Definitely do the Old Pink House. But, as Dave suggested. The downstairs bar is a lot of fun too and the menu is the same. There's is an Irish pub down on the river called Kevin Barrys if you want to do have an Irish whiskey or Guinness and hear some live music. Most of the other riverfront places are a waste. If you get closer to where the main Savannah College of Art and Design buildings are. There are a lot of good, smaller, casual and less expensive eateries. There is a great Thai restaurant that I cannot remember right off the top of my head.

Definitely head over to Tybee if you want to get some beach time and find a hole in the wall seafood joint.

I also forgot to mention. I've heard good things about Alligator Soul but have not personally tried that one yet.

Cool, thanks guys. I knew that Paula Deen's place was off the list immediately. My boss went there and liked it but said you had to stand in line in the morning just to get a ticket to eat there, I am an impatient guy, plus not in love with her food.

Cool, thanks guys. I knew that Paula Deen's place was off the list immediately. My boss went there and liked it but said you had to stand in line in the morning just to get a ticket to eat there, I am an impatient guy, plus not in love with her food.

Definitely not worth the hassle. I did it once with a group of other people who really wanted to go. It's just buffet southern food. While I love southern food...it's still a buffet. And the ordeal to get in is craziness

Back