Quantcast
Hi from Toronto!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Toronto!

Hi from Toronto!

Hi all! The amount of reading I've done about knives over the past two weeks has been dizzying. I must have read hundreds of posts from various forums, but inevitably come back to check KKF the most often.

I love food, and cooking. Good company and good food are parts of the joy of life, right? My adventure in knives started with my first knife purchase when I moved out on my own. A pair of Wusthofs on discount, 8" chef and small pairing knife. I enjoyed them at the time, but always felt like they do their job, but weren't a pleasure to use. Several years later and I decided to jump onto the santoku craze by purchasing a Takayuki damascus VG10 from Paul in Montreal. I was struck with the cladding, which, admittedly, took me a few months to get over the babying of the knife and just USE it.

All this reading in the past two weeks as I look to replace/expand my collection and get joy out of using knives has been an eye-opening education. Thanks to all here. I look forward to reading, and perhaps participating, in many more threads and discussions.

Ato

You come to the right place.

Welcome to KKF

Welcome to KKF Ato! Hope you enjoy yourself!

Welcome!
    “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

Welcome aboard, Ato!

There are a few of us Torontonians on KKF too, so don't be a stranger
    Len

Quote Originally Posted by echerub View Post
    Welcome aboard, Ato!

There are a few of us Torontonians on KKF too, so don't be a stranger

Thanks! Noticed a few other Torontonians while browsing the threads. Moved here recently from Montreal.
    Visited KNIFE recently, looking forward to visiting Tosho. Any other places are a worthwhile visit?

Ato
    Last edited by Atokade; 04-16-2014 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Add quote from previous post

KNIFE and Tosho are the two best places for knives, stones, etc. Plenty of stuff between the two of them to keep your wallet permanently on-alert
    Len

Quote Originally Posted by echerub View Post
    KNIFE and Tosho are the two best places for knives, stones, etc. Plenty of stuff between the two of them to keep your wallet permanently on-alert
    Oh god I already feel the $$$ drain
    Thanks!

Welcome to KKF.
    Ian H. Rogers
    www.haburnknives.com