Unusual style kitchen knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
Usually when I see a knife maker making non traditional style kitchen knives I cringe.
But sometimes there will be something new and unusual that I like. Like this.
attachment.php

I don't know the maker and have never seen his knives in person, but I am impressed.
The maker's name is Mareko Maumasi. David Lisch made a post showing these knives on another forum.
From what David said the guy worked about 3 years for Bob Kramer then spent some time working with David.

So to make my point......sometimes a new style is a good thing.

I tried linking to the image location but that didn't work. Maybe this will work.
familyphoto_zpsf1aae8ad.jpg

I like the look of these too. Lucretia spoke highly of hers. The bolster looks good for pinch grip.

They're very comfortable in a pinch grip. The angled integral is great. IMG_0999.jpg

- Steve

Oh man, that integral D handle is sooooo frickin' sweet!:drool:

Be well,
Mikey

I really like the integral wa. Of course, that may be because I already have one. First time I've been tempted in a long time.

Way better compared to Kramer if you ask me! Mind you Im not a Kramer fan...

How much do they sell for?

Similarly priced to David Lisch (if you're familiar with his pricing) from what I've seen on EE. His indiegogo campaign can give you an idea of his prices as well. It's broken down nicely by showing how much a straight carbon knife is, then if you want damascus that's an extra 'add-on' pledge. It's worth a look if you're curious.

- Steve

Back