• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wtt: Itk for shig

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdm_magic

Reaction score
I've got an itk that I'm not really using since I got my Marko. I'd like to trade it for a shig, if possible. I'm not really sure on the value differences, but I am well invested in the itk so it might not be possible, if we couldn't do a straight up trade.

Now, this is a funny one. I got this as a 270mm from a member here, and it was my first top end knife. It had previously had tip damage, excaberated by my use and if memory calls it now measures a hair over 250mm.

I have sent this to Devin not too long back, and he totally refinished it, thinned, sharpened, the works, so although it's lost length, it still has stellar performance.

I can't get any pics right now, but I can in a few days. It's in aebl, and originally had a #5 on the back, but that's gone from when it was redone by Devin. I'm not sure what the number meant, but I reckon someone might do!

Hit me up if you're interested. And please, someone let me know if I'm way off with my imaginary pricing!

http://i.imgur.com/HWReNwf.jpg

That's the only current picture I have of the knife, for those who asked about the current profile. It's been used very lightly since then.

I'll consider other 240-270 gyutos too..

Nice looking Carter in that pic. GLWS/T

Length measures right on 250mm, height at heel is just about 50mm, width at heel is around 2mm, all these were done with a regular tape measure though.

Back